• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Linebarrels of Iron Creators' Ultraman Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
They've been heavily pushing the word "super" when talking about these announcements so I'm hoping the other is print volumes of One Punch Man. Fingers crossed!!
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It's either that or the volumes of My Hero Academia. But they already kinda announced that so i'm down like charley brown for print One-Punch Man (and Stealth Symphoney, please).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Why they are at it, pick up Linebarrels itself.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Hawkmonger wrote:
It's either that or the volumes of My Hero Academia. But they already kinda announced that so i'm down like charley brown for print One-Punch Man (and Stealth Symphoney, please).

Or one of a thousand other series in need of licensing (i.e. Tokyo Ghoul:Re, Polar Bear Cafe, Kids on the Slope, many of Moto Hagio's works, Musume no Iede to name a few)
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Or one of a thousand other series in need of licensing (i.e. Tokyo Ghoul:Re, Polar Bear Cafe, Kids on the Slope, many of Moto Hagio's works, Musume no Iede to name a few)

Licensing Tokyo Ghoul's sequel when they still need to release the entirety of Tokyo Ghoul would make no sense. Plus, those titles wouldn't tie in with the "super" theme that Viz is basing these announcements around. & the fact they said two announcements rather than two new series makes me think the second announcement will be to do with OPM.

EDIT: Their Facebook says two super new titles so who knows what the next announcement will be. I'll still hope for print OPM though.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Why they are at it, pick up Linebarrels itself.

i think they are doing it. they wouldnt be adding it if they wasnt gonna license and release it in the US.

unless they give it the digital treatment like a majority of the rescued manga series that tokyopop released a while back which seriously pissed me off to high hell that i was unable to continue with the manga version of FSN. and considering that later on kouchi no longer becomes an anti hero unlike in the anime version which i really have to see to believe , they might have to give it the hardcover release cause if viz can give a bookcover release to deadman wonderland,they sure as hell can to it to this series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1