• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Pick Their Perfect Anime Classroom

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
What's up with all men voting for Love Live! Most women voted for characters from Uta no Prince or sports series.

Do people actually watch something different?
Via_01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Teacher: Gintoki

I lost it. That's gotta be the best answer ever. And I'd probably go back to school if Gintoki was my teacher, though I'd suspect he'd skip class more than any student.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
SO MUCH LOVE LIVE

Also, I love how everyone's unanimous vote for teacher is basically a character who was turned into a teacher for 5 minute gags.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
7jaws7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
For male voters, Levi manages to sneak in with the Love Live! girls, at #2 even. And how does Nico not make their list of characters they want to sit next to?
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I would TOTALLY want to sit next to Rin in class~!
CookieBun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Gintoki! Well, when you think about it, Gintoki really is the ideal fictional teacher. The obvious is that he already has an established image as a teacher in classroom setting omakes in Gintama, but he also does often act as a mentor or guide for many characters. Especially with those life-reflecting speeches of his. He definitely does bring in mind a lot of fictional teachers who are brilliant but unconventional and strange. So it's not surprising he dominates in both female and male polls.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Of course Hibari would make number one for disciplinary committee head. So glad people remembered about him. And I lost it when all the guys' for whom to next to were all Love Live!
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I guess I never realized how much Japanese guys loved Eli Ayase, to the point that there were only two categories they didn't vote for her. Not long ago this poll would have been dominated by Free! and K-ON! characters, the Japanese replace their idols so easily. The guys certainly do anyway.

Seki wasn't voted for sitting next to, I guess the people taking the poll actually want to learn something without distraction. Or, at least, not his kind of distractions. For cleaning committee I probably would have chosen Ryuji Takasu from Toradora.

Glad the guys at least remember Yuki Nagato for the book committee, but everyone forgets Suruga Kanbaru's (Monogatari series) mountains of books in her room. Also raises the question of why there wasn't an athletics committee in the poll's school.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
farichada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
For male voters, Levi manages to sneak in with the Love Live! girls, at #2 even. And how does Nico not make their list of characters they want to sit next to?

Nico might be fun in small bursts, but would you really want to sit by her in the long term? She's a bit intense, has an extreme personality, and acts completely different when she's in idol mode versus her natural self.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
A total of 2,439 voters, 83% female and 17% male contributed

ANN wrote:
Teachers
Overall
Gintoki (Gintama)

Teaching what? How to be a useless individual in society that barely manages to pay rent? (No, seriously. How come Otose hasn't evicted him by now?).

Strong representation of Uta no Prince Sama and sports animes (namely Free! and Haikyū!!) from the female voters, but the males... Viva Love Live!, I guess Laughing
Neonzel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Kyoya Hibari for Disciplinary Committee made me so happy. Even though it ended years ago anytime I think disciplinary committee I think him.
battlephile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Akashi Seijuro would be the perfect class president. Those who watch Kuroko no Basket will understand.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I was going to say the perfect anime classroom is entirely made up of back row seats next to the window, but I guess that's not what they meant.
NERVchild

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I watch a lot of anime, and aside from Captain Levi I had no clue who any of these people were. Anyone else have that problem?
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
NERVchild wrote:
I watch a lot of anime, and aside from Captain Levi I had no clue who any of these people were. Anyone else have that problem?

I'll admit I didn't know most of the characters, but I at least of the shows? Some of which I plan to watch eventually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2