• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Split requested for Masayuki Iida

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
genkisakurachan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Split requested for person #82495; there's another guy with the same name who was a producer for the Higurashi Kaku OAV, whose name has the kanji 飯田雅之.

Credits list here.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, all three roles are unrelated in fact, and the source field for the 2003 role notates a third Kanji name, 飯田 正幸.

There are no existing entries for these other Kanji.

Googling the three Kanji brings up people called Masayuki Iida so that does seem to be the most obvious reading for all of them.
I can't see anything already existing under any other plausible readings either.

I can see the CG guy working on things other than anime (looks like he's worked on Godzilla stuff etc.) and I can understand the producer only having one anime role but it's unusual for an animator so I'm wondering of that credit is an alias or has been mis-transcribed?

--edit--

Huh. the Storyboard artist for ep 10 of Green Green has also not worked on anything else, and their name is pretty unambiguous. It is also the name of the teacher in K-on, with the exact same spelling... (although Green Green pre-dates K-on)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1