• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cross Ange Creative Producer Indicates Sales Were Strong Enough for More

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Good. Ange did say they could make a movie or something. I want more of this, I absolutely love it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I get the temptation to further exploit a successful property, but I cannot see where the story could go. A prequel might work, but not a sequel.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Now, I really, really liked Cross Ange, but I can't possibly imagine how the story could continue.

spoiler[ I mean, at the end of the show, the villain was soundly defeated and all conflict had ceased. I don't see where it could go, unless it was just an epilogue OVA.]
Calculus20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Sunrise told him that the studio was too busy with "a certain anime franchise that has been running for many years."

So I'm assuming this is Gundam? Jeez, we just had the 25th anniversary with 3 new gundam series. How about Sunrise lays off the Gundam and Studio 8 stops that Idol stuff and go to Horizon III?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the others. I loved Cross Ange but it doesn't make sense for a sequel. The ending is fine as is.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Well, it isn't like the series hasn't sold enough to warrant a second season."

As far as ringing declarations go, that one leaves a little to be desired, but as a huge fan of the sophisticated, intellectual Cross Ange franchise, I am heartened. Maybe even hardened.
bobob101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Saying I love cross ange might be too strong, but I think it's a good show. And part of the reason it's good is its definitive end. Let's stop here ok?
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Have I not finish the series in the first place, I am probably one of those people who vehemently yelling: How did this terrible, offensive show stand a (very good) chance for second season?

But since I finished it, I have to say: Although this is by no means a masterpiece and it never even pretends to be one, this series improves tremendously from a shaky start; although some twists may be eye-rolling in the second half, but the ending is very satisfying and made me have no regret to invest time on this series.

Second season? Sure, Sunrise, if the writing quality can keep up (less controversial elements would be perfect), give us more.
myskaros

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
How about Sunrise lays off the Gundam and Studio 8 stops that Idol stuff and go to Horizon III?

More Accel World!
Souther

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't see a 2nd season coming, since the story was pretty nicely wrapped up. I do see a potential movie, a prequel, or perhaps even a parody spin-off (see the Cross Ange Gakuen comic strip).
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
Cross Ange Gakuen comic strip

Oh, mighty Aura, please make it happen.
LinkSword

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
[Mental Puking Intensifies]

Have fun with your 13-year-old exploitative pseudo-intellectual fanfiction, guys. Two cours of this tripe was enough for me.
god45

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
Sunrise told him that the studio was too busy with "a certain anime franchise that has been running for many years."

So I'm assuming this is Gundam? Jeez, we just had the 25th anniversary with 3 new gundam series. How about Sunrise lays off the Gundam and Studio 8 stops that Idol stuff and go to Horizon III?
OH WHERE HAVE I HEARD THIS BEFORE http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/29y8mj/my_summary_of_kawahara_reki_sao_panel_at_ax/
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
@ LinkSword: Wow, so it only took 25 episodes for you to determine this show wasn't for you? You catch on fast!
bs3311

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
This can be cool. But what can they do when it concluded so well?

For my funny theory, I can imagine a harem deconstruction of Tusk! And a threesome relationship with Ange an Hilda Anime hyper
spoiler[Because now he is the only human male on old earth. And we see that women all want a peice of him so bad. We can explore the thought process that maybe an otaku dream of being the only peice of abs in the world may change them. Like, hide himself away, become an experiment, or kill any future sons because maybe the attention drives him mad lol.]

Eitherway, I want the sound crew and Yoko Takahashi back for opening/endings and awesome soundtracks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9