• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's your opinion on Rosario+Vampire?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kookykonata

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:21 am Reply with quote
I am re-reading Rosario+Vampire currently, and I am amazed by just how different the manga is compared to the anime.
Some differences include (Spoiler alert!):
spoiler[- Tskune gets transfused with Moka's blood consistently within the beginning of the manga version, eventually turning him into a ghoul
- Anything after the first "season" of the manga, essentially
- That stupid bat in the anime isn't in the manga
- Etc., etc., etc.]

I personally love the manga and worship it compared to the anime. It just feels darker and more intuitive. The anime, to me, feels like a harem-only, bad guy of the week type story.

I guess what I am trying to get at is what is your preference? Do you prefer the story and style of the manga or the anime? Why do you feel that way?
(I know the series is a bit old, but please hide any spoilers for anyone who may be interested in either one!)
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
I really do not like to make comparisons because anime and manga are two totally different things. When I am watching or reading one I am seldom giving any thought to how it is different from the other.
But I will try.

I like the manga, but I prefer the anime, especially Capu 2 (which is not the same as "Season 2" of the manga).
I think that the two main reasons are action and fanservice.

Just in general action does not work well for me in manga. That is probably why most of my favorites are slice-of-life, romance, and comedy, and ecchi.

Anime fanservice is also better than manga fanservice.
With action and fanservice things that are moving are better than static images, for me.
I also preferred the anime for Ikki Tousen/Battle Vixens and Dance in the Vampire Bund.

But, as I said, I do like the manga (for all of those).
One way in which the manga is better is that there is much more of it. I think that is true of most franchises, which is one reason why the anime works as a promotional device for the manga.
People who like the anime want to read the manga to get more of what they have been enjoying.

I have watched the entire Rosario + Vampire anime three times, and read most of the mange only once.
I did read the first several volumes twice, up to the end of the story where Tskune spoiler[transformed] for the first time.

I do think that Tskune is a much better character in the manga.
The anime made him a typical harem-male wimp. I have seen far too many of those. He did grow a bit of a spine near the end of the anime, but it was too little too late.
But that did not keep me from liking the anime better because, quite frankly, I do not pay much attention to the male characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1