• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
P. A. Works' Kuromukuro TV Anime to Have 26 Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Although so far the BD/DVD aren't out for preorder yet, I have a feeling that its eventual sales figures won't be pretty.

Hopefully I am wrong.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Good news, kinda expected that it's be more than 1 cour with the current pace so glad it's been confirmed. Fab start to the series now I know it won't be rushed.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Really don't like the main guy lol. But it definitely felt too slow for single cour.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Frankly, I love this series and it has turned out to be a lot better than I expected. I had been on the line about even watching it this season, but I'm really glad I did; so hearing it will be running 26 episodes is opossum awesome news as the hipsters would say.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Although so far the BD/DVD aren't out for preorder yet, I have a feeling that its eventual sales figures won't be pretty.

When it comes to DVD/BD sales, they are either extremely lucrative or very underwhelming, this always comes back to the price point that Japanese Anime BD/DVD prices are ridiculously expensive and as such eliminates "casual purchase" range.

The good news for anyone that is a fan of what is going on with the show is that the 2 cour session will complete even if this show gets an underwhelming appeal in regards to Merch sales.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
We shouldn't forget that this show is also owned by Netflix. Just an example, but Ajin and Nanatsu no Taizai both got second seasons even with mediocre to absymal sales.
garlogan78

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
We shouldn't forget that this show is also owned by Netflix. Just an example, but Ajin and Nanatsu no Taizai both got second seasons even with mediocre to absymal sales.

But both of those series have source material that the anime can promote. Kuromukuro is an original series. So it kind of lives and dies by disc sales.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I suppose this means that those of us waiting for the Netflix stream are now going to have to wait an additional 3 months to see this... thanks Netflix...

garlogan78 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

But both of those series have source material that the anime can promote. Kuromukuro is an original series. So it kind of lives and dies by disc sales.

No, it doesn't. Disc sales are almost irrelevant these days unless they are super high. Streaming figures are clearly very valuable based on the trends we've seen over the last couple of years. I think the main point phoenixalia was making is that Netflix is involved. They have money. Even if they aren't on the production committee directly, they can walk into the negotiation room with more money than the cost of producing the entire series and not think twice about it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I suppose this means that those of us waiting for the Netflix stream are now going to have to wait an additional 3 months to see this... thanks Netflix...

Yep. I am also waiting for the legal stream. I hope Netflix adds it on December.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I like the show's mech design and overall premise... But why high-schoolers? WHY!? When they inject "alien-fighting robots" with "I'm gonna be late for school" I can't take the show seriously... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
synaia

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
or you know, use a vpn and watch it on Netflix Japan as it has English subs on that already.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I would really like to know what the Japanese were thinking when they agreed to doing this.
I think they will use the "rights issue" explanation as an excuse. If a company as big as Netflix can afford to have worldwide streaming rights, then they should make sure it is actually available. Situations like these I think should invalidate the ToS barring proxies from watching it.
Karl2

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
synaia wrote:
or you know, use a vpn and watch it on Netflix Japan as it has English subs on that already.

You can't anymore thanks to Netflix blocking any users who uses it.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
synaia wrote:

But don't you think that totally defeats the purpose of "legal stream"? Since you know..the streaming provider Netflix is not intend to release it anywhere else at this point.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I was hoping this would be the case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2