• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's SuBLime License Rescues Finder Boys-Love Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
This is capital news! Very Happy

I like how I own different published volumes of Finder from both Be Beautiful(vol. 1-3) and Digital Manga Publishing(vol. 4-7). Some I'll have a SuBLime vol.8-.
chibirin5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

I like how I own different published volumes of Finder from both Be Beautiful(vol. 1-3) and Digital Manga Publishing(vol. 4-7). Some I'll have a SuBLime vol.8-.
Depending on how they release them I may just sell the ones I have and buy Sublime ones .. if not just to have a matching set >>

either way WOOHOO it got picked up!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
If your company has to run a kickstarter to reprint books you previously released, you're doing it wrong.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
If your company has to run a kickstarter to reprint books you previously released, you're doing it wrong.

At this point it feels like DMP is held together with duct tape and glue. I still like them but I am kind of glad they switched around to doing a few kickstarters that were not Tezuka. I love getting the books but it really felt like they were really counting on Tezuka fans going in on every single one of these kickstarters and when there is like 3 or 4 a year it was getting a bit much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Brand wrote:
At this point it feels like DMP is held together with duct tape and glue. I still like them but I am kind of glad they switched around to doing a few kickstarters that were not Tezuka. I love getting the books but it really felt like they were really counting on Tezuka fans going in on every single one of these kickstarters and when there is like 3 or 4 a year it was getting a bit much.

Oh they are holding it together by a thread. I know a lot of former employees and it's amazing that they still manage to license anything. That's not even touching on the work for free "interns" they hire.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
If they're gonna rescue anything, can't it be the last bleeping volumes of Gravitation EX and Descendants of Darkness.
chibirin5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Lets face it DMP has been failing for a while. After being open so long you would think they would have figured out supply and demand but they haven't. They have major problems when books are listed as unavailable on release dates. They can't keep books in stocks and they never have been about to. Over the years I have lost complete faith in the company. Why any foreign publisher would work with them now is crazy. Why work with a company that severely limits their profit margin by failing to allow people to actually buy their product! I really hope they slowly lose all their titles because I'm tired of pre-ordering a book and never getting it.

I'm glad Libre left them and hope more follow. I want to buy books from publishers I can trust.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Cool! I was just thinking that it would be great for fans if they started releasing where DMI left off and then went back to release previous volumes so people who have already purchased the series in the past don't have to wait as long to read the continuation, and it's nice to see that this is exactly what they are doing.

How have bonus manga that were included with first release limited edition versions in Japan been handled? IIRC, Vol.7 and 8 included them, plus different versions that were exclusive to Amazon.
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
Well, that didn't take long. I hope more titles are announced soon, it will be interesting to see what get saved now. I might pick up the first volume of Finder now that I know it will all be available.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
WOOO, THANK YOU KAMI-SAMA! I was scared out of my mind for a second about the fate of this yaoi. And I swear, if by some miracle they're able to license Junjou Romantica as well I'll cry enough happy tears to fill up a swimming pool.
sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

I hope you mean you have two different sets of vols 1-3 and not just BeBeautiful? The BeBeautiful translation didn't even resemble reality. It was such a disappointment.

But I'm so excited about this news, and that they're doing yet another translation, because DMPs had been going downhill.

.... I just stopped to see what I have of these books. I have vols 1-3 in French, German, English (BB), English (DMP), Japanese (Biblos), and Japanese (Libre). What's yet another lol? It's always fun to see the different translations!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
Why does the guy on the left look like Squall? Confused
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
SuBLime to the rescue!

Besides being happy about them picking up Finder, I'm also really pleased that the next volume won't be postponed so they can release their own versions of previous volumes 01-07 (which, to be honest, I'll probably end up buying also, despite having all the BeBeautiful & DMP releases).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Why does the guy on the left look like Squall? Confused

She's a huge fan of FFVIII? She even did some DJs for the game back before she went pro. They have very different personalities though.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

I hope you mean you have two different sets of vols 1-3 and not just BeBeautiful? The BeBeautiful translation didn't even resemble reality. It was such a disappointment.

But I'm so excited about this news, and that they're doing yet another translation, because DMPs had been going downhill.

.... I just stopped to see what I have of these books. I have vols 1-3 in French, German, English (BB), English (DMP), Japanese (Biblos), and Japanese (Libre). What's yet another lol? It's always fun to see the different translations!

I saying I have vols. 1, 2, and 3 from Be Beautiful and vols. 4, 5, 6, and 7 by DMP. So, yeah.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2