• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Game, No Life Fantasy Light Novels Gets Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
Although I prefer second season, but I guess this will do too
Xavon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
I'd all rather have a second season.

But what is not clear to me from the article, is if this is a new movie,either furthering the animation of the LNs, or a new story (hopefully by the author). Or if this is just another 'cram the first season with a few new scenes into a 2 hour movie as a money grab' situation.

I would be fine with the former, but displeased with the latter.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
What's with this movie thing? Accel World, Sword Art Online, Mahouka, (Index)... If the movie is a continuation of the story then great, but if it's going to be a side story or something then that'll kill my excitement. Well it's better than nothing, I guess.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
Considering the the first season ended with original content..it would make sense to make an original movie so that way they can deal with the first season ending and then get back on track with the main story line in the second season the same content that is in the actual novel.

either way i am happy that this is getting more anime content..since it was made by madhouse the chances for it getting more despite being successful was still very nill.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Well the most likely scenario is...

1. Movie is a success.
2. Second season greenlit.

or
1. Movie flops.
2. You know the drill.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
What's with this movie thing? Accel World, Sword Art Online, Mahouka, (Index)... If the movie is a continuation of the story then great, but if it's going to be a side story or something then that'll kill my excitement. Well it's better than nothing, I guess.

Well i guess movie brings them more money this franchises are all popular so many people will go and watch it a theaters and later on people buy then the bd-dvd. So i guess its the best way to keep the hype and milk out some more money and probably also to see how much popular it is stll now, because if its still a moneymaker then they can make more of it. I just hope they wont make an original story for NGNL as we are gettin with the rest since there is enough material to use for a movie.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
I'm expecting a movie edition type of thing, where they update the animation and cut it down.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
People still hoping for a season 2.......from Madhouse LOL. You better be grateful you getting this cause the odds are very slim. I fear for the one punch man fan-base Anime hyper

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
Like Trinity Seven before it, that announcement comes somewhat left field, as there hasn't been any "buzz" around the franchise recently.

Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
People still hoping for a season 2.......from Madhouse LOL You better be grateful you getting this cause the odds are very slim. I fear for the one punch man fan-base Anime hyper

Why people still assume that the animation studio holds enough power/leverage on adaptive works? They are usually pretty low in the decision-making list.
anddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:11 am Reply with quote
Which studio will make it?
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
I need more naked Shiro.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
People still hoping for a season 2.......from Madhouse LOL. You better be grateful you getting this cause the odds are very slim. I fear for the one punch man fan-base Anime hyper

You are saying nonsence.

1. It's not the studios decigion
2. Only Brains Base are famous for denying sequels even when they asked for (sans Natsume). MadHouse made sequels a lot of times.

Thespacemaster wrote:
Considering the the first season ended with original content..it would make sense to make an original movie so that way they can deal with the first season ending and then get back on track with the main story line in the second season the same content that is in the actual novel.

either way i am happy that this is getting more anime content..since it was made by madhouse the chances for it getting more despite being successful was still very nill.

They just used vol. 6 ending for some reason as I heard.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Anime film??? Doesn't that imply that the animation quality will be even better than the first season?? I'm totally up for that! Just finished reading the fourth volume of the LN, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they decide to do with the series.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

Considering that they've animated all of the finished arcs, they have no choice but to make a side story, there's nothing more to make series of. Plus, the author wrote the story for the movie, so I'd consider it canon.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
Well a movie is good but another season would of been better
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3