• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seiren Original Anime Reveals Visual, Main Staff

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:04 am Reply with quote
The second wave of Amagami! Yes, lets see who can be the best gril.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote
What is this anime about? A lot of girls is almost always a good reason for me to watch.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:09 am Reply with quote
These uniforms look suspiciously similar to the Amagami ones. Maybe the designer is particularly fond of these colors and patterns.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
So where's the dude? Because at least for me the art says "harem show" in no uncertain terms, and if this was a yuri show or the MC was one of the girls instead it would have been stated in big bold letters already.

...although, thinking about it, the marketing of a harem show is not supposed to sell the guy.
Dylan21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:35 am Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
So where's the dude? Because at least for me the art says "harem show" in no uncertain terms, and if this was a yuri show or the MC was one of the girls instead it would have been stated in big bold letters already.

...although, thinking about it, the marketing of a harem show is not supposed to sell the guy.

If I recall corrctly, Amagami and Amagami SS anime both don't have the male MC on the key visual either. It might even go with a similar formula as the anime as well.
NishizawaMihashi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
Y'know, it's like... I can already picture in mind who's what by observing their overall appearance, facial expression and body language.

So from top to bottom we've got:

1) Miss Shy
2) Miss Nice
3) Miss Sly
4) Miss Confident
5) Miss Edge
6) Miss Smug

Now, like I don't talk about this all the time but looks wise... I find Miss Smug and Miss Confident to be just my type. Just sayin' man, just sayin'.

But personality wise, I think I'mma find this time's Miss Nice & Miss Confident to be more like what I'd want in a girl, once again just sayin' man, just sayin'.

In the end though, we'll just have 'tuh wait n' see how this show pans out. All I'm hopin' for are some interestin' characters and interestin' individual stories, like that's it man.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
A mundane, moe schoolgirl show directed by the same guy who helmed Akame ga Kill and written by a guy who was involved in Amagami? No thanks I'll pass.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Another anime about high school girls. Sound the alarms....
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:

My thoughts precisely.

I want to see the guy just so that I can know I will definitely be avoiding this.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Tenebrae wrote:

My thoughts precisely.

I want to see the guy just so that I can know I will definitely be avoiding this.

Yeah, I hate harem anime, and if this falls into that category I'll avoid it like a plague!
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Totally just looks like Amagami. I'm cool with that. Amagami is pretty good. Though I hope, if they do the short arc for each girl thing, that they work on the pacing a little bit. Amagami's biggest issue was always in the last episode of an arc where it would jump from the focus couple being friends, to them being in a relationship way too quickly.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
So I wonder what the plot for this is going to be?

Is it going to be a romance anime in the vein of Amagami or Photo Kano with rotating heroines and one male lead, or will it be like Kimikiss with multiple romance arcs? The visual seems to be really evoking Amagami.

Interesting that the bottom right girl seems to have a different uniform then the rest.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Amagami's arcs being all separate, so I hope this does similar.
Storm101

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Surely this will be at least 2-cour if they're going the omnibus route? Or maybe they'll have a game tie-in which you can see the other girls endings.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Storm101 wrote:
Surely this will be at least 2-cour if they're going the omnibus route? Or maybe they'll have a game tie-in which you can see the other girls endings.

If they stick six girls into 12 episodes, this will be a big letdown. 24 episodes seems about right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2