• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Avex Pictures to restrict shipping of their BDs - DVDs - CDs outside Japan…

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
Per an email I got from CDJapan:

Quote:
Hello.

We are sending this notification to customers who have recently purchased anime titles.

Unfortunately, Avex Pictures, the publisher of popular anime titles such as "Yuri!!! on Ice" and "Osomatsu-san" and others is restricting exports of Blu-ray, DVD, and CD titles.

This restriction has been applied to all online shops within Japan, including CDJapan.

In accordance to the restriction, majority of titles published by Avex Pictures will become unavailable for shipment outside of Japan as of the following time.

Restriction begins to apply at:
6:00PM (Japan Time UTC+9) on February 15, 2017

After the above indicated time, it will no longer be available for any order to be shipped outside of Japan.

To clarify which items will be restricted, the following indication will be displayed right on the product page.

ATTENTION!!! This product will no longer be available for any order to be shipped outside of Japan starting at 6:00PM (Japan Time UTC+9) on February 15, 2017

However, all existing orders as well as all orders placed BEFORE the above indicated time will be shipped normally.

CDJapan

While I understand this, it does suck for importers…
deadFreak781

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
I try to assume that Avex will sell DVDs and CDs through their subsidiaries abroad (PROTIP: They have).

Whatever... More fuel to the fire for the already racist, xenophobe and discriminator that is the Japanese music industry.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:44 pm Reply with quote
My mind is boggled that they don't want money!
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Guess our useless gaijin money isn't good enough for them then
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1