• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NTR: Netsuzou Trap TV Anime Premieres in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:02 am Reply with quote
Guess I'll be watching a yuri anime this summer.
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:40 am Reply with quote
At least with this show I hope everyone knows exactly what they're getting in for. You have NTR in the title for crying out loud.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:13 am Reply with quote
Have not read this before, only know it. Looks like the yuri version of Kuzu no Honkai. I hope this will be good as I wait for the Citrus anime.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
I'd imagine an animated PV of this will be coming very soon probably during Anime Japan.

John Hayabusa wrote:
Have not read this before, only know it. Looks like the yuri version of Kuzu no Honkai. I hope this will be good as I wait for the Citrus anime.

I have my doubts that Netsuzou Trap will be as sophisticated as Scum's Wish. In fact I am very curious what the viewer reactions will be when this gets premiered. Laughing
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 am Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:

don't know man, yuri fall/fail is a tradition, so this airing in summer is unproper.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
MischievousMelody wrote:

don't know man, yuri fall/fail is a tradition, so this airing in summer is unproper.

What does "fall/fail" even mean? 2016's fall "yuri" anime was I guess Flip Flappers, it failed in sales but aside from that in my opinion it was really good. Maybe an unpopular opinion, at least here but oh well doesn't change how much I enjoyed it "shrugs"
Plus I assume you're joking around since you're using the word "tradition" and there's no actual reason why yuri shows can't air in other seasons.
Plus I mean there's hetero romance or at least harem almost if not every single season, plus yaoi is pretty common during various seasons.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:44 pm Reply with quote
With that studio in charge they're going to need a miracle to make this work.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:
MischievousMelody wrote:

What does "fall/fail" even mean? 2016's fall "yuri" anime was I guess Flip Flappers, it failed in sales but aside from that in my opinion it was really good. Maybe an unpopular opinion, at least here but oh well doesn't change how much I enjoyed it "shrugs"
Plus I assume you're joking around since you're using the word "tradition" and there's no actual reason why yuri shows can't air in other seasons.
Plus I mean there's hetero romance or at least harem almost if not every single season, plus yaoi is pretty common during various seasons.

I like yuri but that guy, whether he is a yuri hater or not, has a point. Japan's attitude towards yuri lies somewhere between average and underwhelming. Yuri shows usually do not sell well and with most of the country's media rely on het and yaoi, yuri is struggling to have a sizable market. There are some CGCDT and idol anime that have a lot of yuri subtext and fanservice but at best, they are no yuri shows. I think Japan has not fully understand that girls can love girls yet.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
I like yuri but that guy, whether he is a yuri hater or not, has a point. Japan's attitude towards yuri lies somewhere between average and underwhelming. Yuri shows usually do not sell well and with most of the country's media rely on het and yaoi, yuri is struggling to have a sizable market. There are some CGCDT and idol anime that have a lot of yuri subtext and fanservice but at best, they are no yuri shows. I think Japan has not fully understand that girls can love girls yet.

Ah believe me my good sir when I say that I know, Yuri is EXTREMELY niche and never does well in anime sales. The the majority of female viewers will either watch yaoi or their shoujo shows that focus on a girl getting the hottest guy. The majority of male viewers like to put them selves into the shoes of the main male character and the fantasy of being the "coolest" guy in town that gets all the babes is very appealing to them, or you have the fan service shows which it seems like you can agree aren't actually yuri, more of just hot chick 1 and hot chick 2 being lewd but they're not lesbians, which leaves room for the male viewer to insert themselves in the middle of the fantasy. Nothing wrong with any of that per-say, just my opinion on how popularity of such subjects seems to often lean. Anyhow so you're kind of left with us the tiny niche crowd that enjoys yuri for whatever reasons, personally for me it's not a perverse reason, more of the fact that I like stories that are outside of my ability to personally experience, I'm really not the kind of guy to self insert myself into characters or stories, very much the opposite if that makes any sense, so that's part of it I suppose.

It's why I'll never get yuri haters tho, like there's so much yaoi and hetero material out there, would be nice to just feel like we can enjoy our thing without people being judgemental. Not to mention haters just bring more attention to a subject matter, with how niche yuri is if you follow the belief "there's no such thing as bad publicity" then they're being helpful more then anything.

Moving on ya subtext is pretty much the best we get usually you're definitely right there. Also I'm assuming you're using some hyperbole when you say "Japan" right? Since there are some writers in Japan that have stuck to their yuri works over the years that have their share of Japanese fans. If you just meant the majority of Japan then I fully agree, a lot of the world as well honestly but lets not get into that on here. Thanks for the conversation tho, it was interesting.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
This is going to have to be so edited for TV broadcast, surely!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:23 am Reply with quote
The manga is fan pandering trash but I'll still watch the anime Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1