• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: March comes in like a lion Manga Gets 2nd TV Anime Series in October

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
Great news. Season 1 got adapted very faithful so I have strong expectations for Fall 2017. Can't wait Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
Guess my plan of 'get caught up with the manga after the anime ends' is getting delayed
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
This is nice. They still have plenty of material to cover, to the point they would need a third season if it is like this season in terms of length and pacing. Good to know today's episode isn't the end of anything but the season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quote
Woo-hoo! I haven't read the manga but I think I read somewhere recently that the anime was only going to cover the first third. This gives me hope that at some point the entire manga may be adapted. Anyway, something to look forward to in the fall.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Woo-hoo! I haven't read the manga but I think I read somewhere recently that the anime was only going to cover the first third. This gives me hope that at some point the entire manga may be adapted. Anyway, something to look forward to in the fall.

Somewhere you say...I wonder who told you that. To be clear I'm not doubting the information as I know it is correct.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:50 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah! I was hoping this would happen since it was an NHK show, so happy right now! The first season was excellent!
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Guess my plan of 'get caught up with the manga after the anime ends' is getting delayed

Heh that makes two of us i also wanted to dig right into the manga after anime would end ^^
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 am Reply with quote
Sweet another season with more of those cats
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
This is nice. They still have plenty of material to cover, to the point they would need a third season if it is like this season in terms of length and pacing. Good to know today's episode isn't the end of anything but the season.

Especially nice if the next season is as as good as the second half of the first... That's my one complaint about 3 gatsu - it took so long to get good. (But when it did, WOW!)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Sorry zrnzle500, but I saw that information somewhere else earlier. Wink

I have the exact opposite view of DerekL1963. I think this show was great from the start, but then suddenly it becomes, "hey, let's follow somebody else's story!" Rei was obviously still around but his struggles were no longer paramount. Don't get me wrong, the material was well-handled, it's just not where I personally wanted the story to go. If this season had been the only one, I'd be a bit bitter about it, but knowing more is to come (with hopeful Rei re-emerging as the main focus) eases the irritation significantly.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I was going to go straight to the manga after the the last episode but since its confirmed i have 0 problem waiting.
melmouth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
This is a blessing. But the important question for me is whether any outfit, hopefully Crunchyroll, will stream the Anime over here.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh hell yes! Easily one of the best anime in years. Hina being pure amazing and Momo the cutest human ever..
Can't wait
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Blood-: Yeah, something about how they changed the tone in the second half of the first season was a turn-off to me. But maybe Kodansha will bring over the manga one of these days, and I can compare notes.
Kamui97

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
YES! These types of shows are so hard to come by that when one gets supported, it's really special. I think the last 5-8 episodes have been really great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2