• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound! Euphonium Novels Get Sequel About Kumiko's 2nd Year (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:45 am Reply with quote
Really curious how Rikako-sensei's return from maternity leave will be handled.
robertbaldie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 am Reply with quote
It'd honestly be silly if the 2 new manga volumes weren't the same stories as the 2 new films.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
robertbaldie wrote:
It'd honestly be silly if the 2 new manga volumes weren't the same stories as the 2 new films.

Seriously! That would be like the author was told by Kyoto Animation about the continuation of the story and said, "Well, I'm going to write more, so there! Yours won't be the REAL story!!!!" I really hope they're working together like adults! (Because I'm sure that Kyoto Animation, when they bought the adaptation rights, also bought the rights to make sequels if they wanted. That is a pretty standard part of any contract like that from what I've heard.)

The real question is whether the author will develop Kumiko's yuri tendencies more or not?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Ha! No matter what Takeda-sensei writes, KyoAni will deviate from it if it's a straight route for Kumiko. It's obvious the author was frustrated from KyoAni's tendencies of changing the MOST important part of HER story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1