• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bungo Stray Dogs Anime Film Reveals Title, Teaser Video, Visual, Early Spring 2018 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 am Reply with quote
Bones have been pretty quiet this year and I was expecting this to come out in late 2017. There are rumors that they are working on an original show so I guess that's where they're putting in the hard work.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Bones have been pretty quiet this year and I was expecting this to come out in late 2017. There are rumors that they are working on an original show so I guess that's where they're putting in the hard work.

They have 2 cours of My Hero Academia, a Eureka Seven movie, Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond, and Bungo Stray Dogs and MHA of ovas.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:57 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

They have 2 cours of My Hero Academia, a Eureka Seven movie, Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond, and Bungo Stray Dogs and MHA of ovas.

Sure, they are making all of those, but their output has been smaller compared to 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

Considering how Bones recently filed a trademark, that rumor might be true.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
64BitRatchet wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

Sure, they are making all of those, but their output has been smaller compared to 2014, 2015 and 2016.

They averaged like 6 full cours of anime per year across those 3 years(excluding shorts), and they are notably the highest output years they've ever had. They are working on a trilogy of movies, have 3 cours of anime, and Minami noted they are working on 3 original projects, only one of which has been officially announced as that Eureka Seven stuff, so I wouldn't call this a quiet year for them at all. Whether or not all of that comes out this year, I guess is up for debate(I don't personally think it will), but they seem to be quite busy.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:
64BitRatchet wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

They averaged like 6 full cours of anime per year across those 3 years(excluding shorts), and they are notably the highest output years they've ever had. They are working on a trilogy of movies, have 3 cours of anime, and Minami noted they are working on 3 original projects, only one of which has been officially announced as that Eureka Seven stuff, so I wouldn't call this a quiet year for them at all. Whether or not all of that comes out this year, I guess is up for debate(I don't personally think it will), but they seem to be quite busy.

It won't all come out this year, only one Eureka Seven film will. I also bet they will have a lot next year. Like, MHA 3, Mob Psycho 100 2, an original project, and either Noragami 3 or a new manga adaptation.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
They averaged like 6 full cours of anime per year across those 3 years(excluding shorts), and they are notably the highest output years they've ever had. They are working on a trilogy of movies, have 3 cours of anime, and Minami noted they are working on 3 original projects, only one of which has been officially announced as that Eureka Seven stuff, so I wouldn't call this a quiet year for them at all. Whether or not all of that comes out this year, I guess is up for debate(I don't personally think it will), but they seem to be quite busy.[/quote]
They only had 4 cours worth of anime in 2014
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:

They only had 4 cours worth of anime in 2014[/quote]
Um..no Bones had 8 cours worth of anime in 2014; Space Dandy (2 cours), Noragami, Chaika (2 cours), Captain Earth (2 cours), and Soul Eater Not.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I bet they will adapt Fire Force next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1