• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pony Canyon Announces English-Subtitled Streaming for 2nd Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I swear to god if this goes to Amazon or Netflix.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:26 pm Reply with quote
But where? Not that it would impact my ability to watch it though.

I would definitely be interested in seeing a sequel to the second best of the dark magical girl genre, even with six episodes being a recut of the Washio Sumi movies, since they aren't available here anyhow.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else think that S2 will never be dubbed? Their S1 release was so overpriced that i doubt they made any profit...
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:19 pm Reply with quote
LaughingElbow wrote:
I swear to god if this goes to Amazon or Netflix.

Well season 1 aired on the Animeism block, and Amazon just locked up the streaming rights to that block, so if season 2 is also on Animeism, guess where it's going to end up?

That said, it's not an automatic that it's going to end up there. For instance, season 1 of Food Wars was an Animeism series, but season 2 was not. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Anyone else think that S2 will never be dubbed? Their S1 release was so overpriced that i doubt they made any profit...

I have no expectations for or against it. I never expected S1 to get a dub in the first place, so that was just a nice bonus to me (and even more of a bonus that the dub was actually pretty good), and I'm more-or-less looking at S2 the same way.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about Netflix USA but season 1 of Yuki Yuna is a Hero is on Netflix in Canada.

I'll watch season 2 if it makes it to Netflix but it's not a show I care about enough that I'd pay for any other streaming service to watch it. (I can barely afford Netflix as it is.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I don't know about Netflix USA but season 1 of Yuki Yuna is a Hero is on Netflix in Canada.

Yuki Yuna is on Netflix in the US as well, non-exclusively.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:34 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:

I have no expectations for or against it. I never expected S1 to get a dub in the first place, so that was just a nice bonus to me (and even more of a bonus that the dub was actually pretty good), and I'm more-or-less looking at S2 the same way.

Pretty much my opinion as well. I enjoyed the show enough that, while I certainly would welcome a dub for season 2, it's not a "make it or break it" situation for me.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:23 am Reply with quote
Well, it was obvious that PonyCan US would get S2 of Yuki Yuna, a matter of time. But yeah, I doubt they'll dub it, but I suppose its a matter if they will.

But yeah, besides Netflix that has it in Dual Audio, Crunchyroll should still have it as well, but sub only. For Season 1, I mean.

TheMorry wrote:
Their S1 release was so overpriced that i doubt they made any profit...

I doubt it, but from what I saw at their booth, they have a 'complete series' blu ray set for about $80-90, and no, it does not come in an oversized box like the first 3 single sets were, this one is in a regular Blu-Ray case. They could have just done that in the first place earlier, but oh well.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quote
Interesting to get comfirmation that PonyCan has started to re-release some titles in non-collector edition form. I wasn't sure they'd ever do that. That gives me hope I can get some of their titles for less than a completely insane price.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:08 am Reply with quote
Really hope they do dub this new stuff, the dub for the first season was really good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1