• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece 'Episode of East Blue' Special's Long Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:56 am Reply with quote
Much hyped, but 2 hours isn't enough to cram approximately 40 episodes. I haven't seen a glimpse of Buggy in the trailer, maybe he didn't make the cut for screentime. I look forward to these fights with new animation.

1. Zoro vs Mihawk
2. Sanji vs Gin/Kuroobi
3. Luffy vs Kuro/Krieg/Arlong

The Monster Trio highlights will surely delight longtime fans!
Tarik Loq

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 am Reply with quote
Man if One Piece had consistent animation quality like THAT, it would do 10x better overall
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I do think the arcs before Arlong Park can be condensed, but Arlong Park was already condensed into a 2-hour special that already felt perfect in its balance of pacing and events included. I wouldn't want to see it go any shorter...

Otherwise, I'd like to see well-written condensed specials that summarize everything up to the latest arcs while cutting out things that don't stick around for the audience as well. The series is too long for some people, which has become its biggest hurdle. More specials like this could easily help side-step this issue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1