• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if VIZ was ever going to license the Hunter x Hunter films and now we finally have confirmation that they are. Well atleast the first one. Very Happy
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Do the voice actor announcements for Nostrade and Melody really count as announcements? We've known them for five to six months now. Confused
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:55 pm Reply with quote
This is a good move, in my opinion. Says they have a little bit of confidence in the property, actually. After taking so long to actually get set 3 up for pre-order I was starting to worry that they had once again abandoned their fans and were giving up on HxH, the only long running show I've ever decided I was going to buy. Glad to see that they are indeed releasing more of the show, at a better price point, and NOW they are even releasing one of the films. Haven't seen any of the movies, honestly, but I'll give this a shot.
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:19 am Reply with quote
As movies go, Phantom Rogue was a bit of a dud, but I'd say it's worth a watch for fans. I liked The Last Mission a lot more, so I hope this first release sells well for Viz.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
Thought it would be a few more weeks before we found out who's voicing Biscuit. Pleased with the choice. Tara is a name I'm always happy to see.

And I'm stoked for the movie release! It's a good sign for the franchise, and I look forward to catching it in theaters.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
This makes me happy! Even though I've only got into the fandom for HxH with the premier of the English dub, seeing more of it being licensed gets me excited! I can't wait for this to come out!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:23 pm Reply with quote
i hope they dub the second film as well, before I would of said instead. As this one was not very good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1