• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'The File of Young Kindaichi Returns' Manga Gets New Manga With Kindaichi as Adult

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened sooner. The Kindaichi series as a whole always felt more adult in nature than typical shonen fare, at least in its manga incarnations.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it'll change anything for me. It's been quite a long time since I saw Kindaichi. But Kindaichi has always been somewhat characterized as childish as far as I remember it, and that it's possibly supposed to be one of his charm. So if making him an adult, but retaining his childish characteristics due to it being his charm, then I wonder how much of it'll have a point.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I kinda have mixed feelings about the sudden time skip with no build up unless I missed something but at the same time Im very interested to see Kindaichi, Miyuki and their friends after a time skip mostly to see whether Kindaichi and Miyuki finally got together.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
So I guess they better rename it to "The File of Not-So-Young-Anymore Kindaichi Returns"--
Quote:
though Miyuki jokingly offers the title "The File of Middle-Aged Kindaichi."

Shit, the creators got there before me.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
You know, I think the original series already had its brushes with alcohol and sex. Shocked

Well, just seeing Kindaichi and Miyuki being more mature (especially in dealing with grownups) makes this interesting.
k11chi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
I'm not sure if it'll change anything for me. It's been quite a long time since I saw Kindaichi. But Kindaichi has always been somewhat characterized as childish as far as I remember it, and that it's possibly supposed to be one of his charm. So if making him an adult, but retaining his childish characteristics due to it being his charm, then I wonder how much of it'll have a point.

Yeah.. It's obviously not going to change anything about them and the creators even agree with this notion apparently. It seems to me that Kindaichi as a series is getting swapped out for money purposes after 25 years, so it might not be too long until the series sees its conclusion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1