• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Oct 22-28 [2017-11-03]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
This is the first time I've seen such heavy fluctuations in the weekly ranks. What is life?
mfojmep

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Konohana Kitan deserves the 1st place this week. It was really a great episode.

Last edited by mfojmep on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DatRandomDude

Dat jump for YuYuYu and Konohana #1.

What the hell happened in these episodes o.o
Jonny Mendes

So glad about Konohana Kitan. My favorite show of the season.
Also great jump of Yuki Yuna. This is becoming a very good season.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'll watch more of Konohana. I wasn't really in the mood, to be honest, and it was kind of boring. But James says it's great, and these scores reflect that, so I should probably see why!
(as someone who has seen the movies for WaSuYu already, it's no surprise to see the score on that one rise like that. It's nice though)

As a fan of the original, it's a bit disappointing to see Kino fall so much, but it's also understandable, and I'm certainly contributing to the drop, because this series is unfortunately just not good. Sad
Niello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
That's it, I'm picking up Konhana Kitan.

DatRandomDude wrote:

YuYuYu went spoiler[bloody], that's what happen.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:

For Konohana, continued sweetness and most importantly, unexpected feels happened, that’s what.

But yeah, though, I honestly never thought I’d be enjoying Konohana nearly as much as I currently am, so I earnestly suggest those who are interested in it check it out for at least a few episodes.
NeoAnkara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:

WaSuYu is just reaching the turning point. The feel is just that high. It will get higher considering what the last two episode will cover.
Mealstrom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:02 pm Reply with quote
And Magus Bride finally drops after 4 consecutive weeks of not delivering the same quality and tight storytelling as the OVA. It's great to see girls' last tour climbing, as that is my anime of the season so far.
Additionally, what happened to Welcome to the Ballroom? I thought everyone was enjoying it last season? It didn't look like my style, so I haven't watched it yet.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Man, Ballroom has sunk pretty far. I'd thought it was just regressing to the mean from last season after starting this season on the right foot, but it's gone lower than it was last season, and doesn't look like it will be going back up any time soon. I have to agree with that tread though, as it has dropped on my personal list as well. It has become one of the last shows that I watch on Saturdays. Not just behind AMB and BBB&B and March, but lately I've been looking forward to Two Car more than I have for Ballroom. @Mealstrom In the beginning people were liking it, though perhaps not as much as anticipated, but even last season, people became frustrated with the too conservative animation and incongruous music choice during the dance sequences. This season has done away with those issues mostly, but it has developed other issues, most saliently in regard to the partner dynamics, which are totally alien to those in the audience who actually participate in ballroom dance, and raise other issues as well.

It's nice to see Yuki Yuna doing well this week after its mild reception so far. Konohana Kitan definitely was great last week, and so was Lustrous.

While it probably isn't going to top the list, I think UQ Holder is turning out pretty well. At the beginning of the season, I thought Chris had been stuck with three stinkers, but UQ Holder is actually been pretty good (and A Sister is All You Need hasn't been bad either). It makes me wonder why the original Negima anime just focused on harem antics in lieu of the shonen battle parts of much of the manga, and I say that as someone who doesn't dislike the harem genre. He is stuck with King's Game though Smile
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

As a fan of the original, it's a bit disappointing to see Kino fall so much, but it's also understandable, and I'm certainly contributing to the drop, because this series is unfortunately just not good. Sad

Is it now? I watched the 2 episodes of the dub that are out and I find it pretty enjoyable so far. I enjoyed the original a lot too and watched it pretty recently. Also I think being in the middle in this ranking is far from bad lol.

Glad to see to see BC go up. I fully expect it to rise a little again as time goes on.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Is it now? I watched the 2 episodes of the dub that are out and I find it pretty enjoyable so far. I enjoyed the original a lot too and watched it pretty recently. Also I think being in the middle in this ranking is far from bad lol.

Considering this was expected to be in the Top 5, if not Top 2 for the season, it being at #24 for the week, and #18 for the cumulative is not what I would consider anything other than bad. lol

The first episode was great, but everything since has been less than adequate, as far as I'm concerned. The second episode seems to be fairly polarizing, but I wasn't one of the people who loved it, personally.
Episode 5 was not terrible, to be fair, though it still lacked a lot of what I associate with Kino's Journey.
Kiddo626

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Man, seeing Mr. Osomatsu fall so low on the Weekly chart is disheartening. I think it’s as funny as ever, but do other people really think it’s gotten that bad?
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Kiddo626 wrote:
Man, seeing Mr. Osomatsu fall so low on the Weekly chart is disheartening. I think it’s as funny as ever, but do other people really think it’s gotten that bad?

I don't think enough people watch to be honest with you. There is pretty much no buzz around this show at all and its the second season so only fans will be watching it.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Considering this was expected to be in the Top 5, if not Top 2 for the season, it being at #24 for the week, and #18 for the cumulative is not what I would consider anything other than bad. lol

The first episode was great, but everything since has been less than adequate, as far as I'm concerned. The second episode seems to be fairly polarizing, but I wasn't one of the people who loved it, personally.
Episode 5 was not terrible, to be fair, though it still lacked a lot of what I associate with Kino's Journey.

I don't know...spot on these charts are so wild. A .2 drop in score can make you lose 10 spots lol. ANN users can also be wild. I disagreed many times with low scoring shows in the past.

But yea I'll realize if its actually good or not by myself in the coming weeks. Looks like I already have a different opinion about episode 2 lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2