• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime in 2018

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:48 am Reply with quote
D-Do mine eyes deceive me? A light novel anime with a female lead and it has ROMANCE? Please let this not be a dream. I don't know what the original LN is like but this a step in the right direction!

More light novel anime adaptations with female leads with a romance aspect, please and thank you!

One of my wishes is finally coming true!

Last edited by phoenixalia on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:03 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
D-Do mine eyes deceive me? A light novel with a female lead and it has ROMANCE? Please let this not be a dream. I don't know what this LN is like but this a step in the right direction!

More light novel anime adaptations with female leads with a romance aspect, please and thank you!

Huh ? I'm pretty at least half dozen light novel's have a Female lead, this just another one of those shojo novels that's getting anime nothing new.
http://www.novelupdates.com/stag/female-protagonist/
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:38 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
D-Do mine eyes deceive me? A light novel with a female lead and it has ROMANCE? Please let this not be a dream. I don't know what this LN is like but this a step in the right direction!

Huh ? I'm pretty at least half dozen light novel's have a Female lead, this just another one of those shojo novels that's getting anime nothing new.
http://www.novelupdates.com/stag/female-protagonist/

Ahh, no. My mistake. I was so excited I didn't type properly. I know that there are lots of light novels with female leads but it's the first time I've seen one get an anime.

A shoujo manga or a visual novel is nothing new, but a light novel aimed at females with a romance aspect getting an anime makes me excited!
lebrel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
The tipoff that this is female-targeted isn't that the lead is a girl, it's that the two dudes are hot. (Also, the art style.)

I guess the guy with the oni mask is the god she has to marry if she can't work off the debt? And the fox-spirit guy is another employee at the inn, maybe?

Anyway, it looks pretty, and since it's not an otome game the protagonist might have a personality. Wink I look forward to seeing it.
TheValkyrieAsh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 am Reply with quote
I'm actually excited for this! It's nice seeing adaptions like this made!
theilikepie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
This is good news. If it succeeds it might pave the road for more female led LN adaptions (personally hoping for "I'll live my second life")
Namu12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Kamisama Kiss, I will check it out.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm glad for more female leads but I've seen enough of this type of story, I'd like to see more female shonen protagonists.
lebrel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:
Eh, I'm glad for more female leads but I've seen enough of this type of story, I'd like to see more female shonen protagonists.

Eh, if it was shounen there would probably be fanservice of her, rather than of the guys, so no thanks.
theilikepie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:

I think senien would be better for female protagonist. Seirei no moribito and 12 kingdoms fall under those categories and there in my top 5 for female protagonists
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
A light novel is just a text version of manga. There are a dime a dozen shoujo manga and their corresponding adaptions. Why is so unique just because the source is a light novel versus manga?

I dont have a problem with adaption, I'll watch it for the supernatural aspect, just think you have to add a lot of qualifiers to this to consider this something "unique".

Hell if you want a strong female lead in a fantasy work, there is pretty dam good adaption on going right now.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
A light novel is just a text version of manga. There are a dime a dozen shoujo manga and their corresponding adaptions. Why is so unique just because the source is a light novel versus manga?

I dont have a problem with adaption, I'll watch it for the supernatural aspect, just think you have to add a lot of qualifiers to this to consider this something "unique".

Hell if you want a strong female lead in a fantasy work, there is pretty dam good adaption on going right now.
exactly I don't know why people are making such a big deal about this one, its not like the setting is unique or new, shojo girl meets hot guys in an inn that's like half the animes that have come out last year.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
lebrel wrote:
Eh, if it was shounen there would probably be fanservice of her, rather than of the guys, so no thanks.

I'm not really fond of fanservice of any kind, so I probably wouldn't like either types of shows if they overemphasized that, even if they have a female protag.
theilikepie wrote:
I think senien would be better for female protagonist. Seirei no moribito and 12 kingdoms fall under those categories and there in my top 5 for female protagonists

Those are some great shows and I'd like to see more seinen as well, but what I really want right now is more high action shows that draw a lot of hype like My Hero Academia with a female protagonist.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:46 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Because I'm a shoujo fantasy freak.

Yes, MahoYome is airing this season but it's one of a kind. There may be a dime a dozen shoujo manga but I can't say the same for shoujo manga to anime. Even the most popular shoujo in Japan right now are school life/slice of life. And now, most of them get live action adaptations.

When was the last time a fantasy shoujo manga got an anime? Akatsuki no Yona? Otome anime are different since most of the time, even if they're fantasy, the female lead is usually a blank slate.

If this anime succeeds, it means a possible anime for works like Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, Okobore Hime and more fantasy shoujo which aren't otome anime.
Ashymo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
theilikepie wrote:
Fenrin wrote:

Seirei no moribito and 12 kingdoms are still in the female demographic alley though. Written by females for females. The novels / LNs where published under female/female-friendly labels. The ongoing seirei manga is josei, and the drama is broadcasted at Fuji Tv which have mainly female viewership.

Also, seinen nowadays is not what it was like 10-20 years ago. It's more for "general audience" rather than just for men. A lot of shounen are getting more and more unisex magazines too. A lot of female authors nowadays publish their works in shounen/seinen because female readers aren't too caught up in demographics unlike the opposite sex who usually shy away from getting their hands on stuff for females. Hence way shoujo & josei are almost 100% by females for females. And are rather untainted in a lot of aspects in terms manga history like art style and certain themes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2