• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kemono Friends Director Tatsuki Reveals 'Hentatsu' Anime With Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncikz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:27 pm Reply with quote
seems really interesting and cute like Keifuku-san, can't wait to see a finished work

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad TATSUKI is keeping busy after Kemono Friends. If this new effort pays off, maybe he'll be able to afford a second name.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Much to Kadokawa's chagrin, I'm sure, I think a lot of people are fans of Tatsuki and Irodori, rather than fans of Kemono Friends, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of this. Personally, I am much more excited for this than I am for any Kemono Friends continuation.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:13 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Much to Kadokawa's chagrin, I'm sure, I think a lot of people are fans of Tatsuki and Irodori, rather than fans of Kemono Friends, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of this. Personally, I am much more excited for this than I am for any Kemono Friends continuation.

Dito. And I think Kadokawa will have a hard time finding people to continue Kemono Friends in the same style as TATSUKI's direction and the general tone of the show are quite unique. I personally hope this will become the new Kemono Friends.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:54 pm Reply with quote
So it's called Hentatsu. Kono Hentatsu. Hentatsuki. Wink Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what comes of this. I have faith in TATSUKI and co.
Laethiel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:18 am Reply with quote
I found a couple of JP pages rounding up what the "investigation squad" has figured out about Hentatsu so far.
http://irodorich.com/archives/130
http://kai-you.net/article/50064

Fans theorize that the oni girl represents Tatsuki, while the animal ear girl represents Isa Yoshihisa, another member of irodori. Isa is credited in irodori's works as 平安, which is usually pronounced Heian, but is pronounced Hen in Okinawa; Isa is an Okinawan family name. This would make the title of the video a reference to Hen and Tatsuki.

The oni girl has "07 24" on her horns (see the very first scene of the video). This is theorized to mean July 24, the date of Tatsuki's Tweet about Kemono Friends season 2: https://twitter.com/irodori7/status/889477890420523009

Oni girl is voiced by Takasugi Kaoru (Tweet), animal ear girl is voiced by Kadowaki Mai (Tweet). Kadowaki refers to her character as 猫さん (neko-san/cat).

The cafe is a real place in Nakano Broadway, called A License.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Yup.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1