• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Infinite Stratos, The Unwanted Undead Adventurer Light Novels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The novel series, with illustrations by CHOCO, launched in 2009.

In 2009 the illustrator was okiura and the series was published by Media Factory. Following the 7th volume in 2011 there was some sort of legal dispute which led to a hiatus until the series re-launched under Overlap in 2013 with Choco as illustrator from vol. 8 onwards and for reprints if the earlier volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:49 pm Reply with quote
J novel club is guaranteed to take my money for another year, they keep announcing things i wanted them to localized. IS anime was decent but the LN is far better.
MetalGarurumon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Good news with Infinite Stratos, finally the latest volumes are going to be translated (Although the translation is not going to reach volume 9 until 2020 probably)

The other is a disappointment, I was expecting Kou-1 with the godly Goban art and this Unwanted Undead Adventurer doesn't look very interesting.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Infinite Stratos sounds like the guiltiest of pleasures, and Undead Adventurer sounds like it could be interesting. I'll be checking both of these out.
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Good god almighty I can't believe we're finally getting an official release for Infinite Stratos, I'm ecstatic.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
lame...just like outbreak company , would love too get infinite stratos if it was in physical form, why cant yen press/seven seas pick these titles up!
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
lame...just like outbreak company , would love too get infinite stratos if it was in physical form, why cant yen press/seven seas pick these titles up!

If you're so adamant about "muh paperbacks" why not go over to Seven Seas' twitter (or better yet, their monthly surveys) and tell them you'd like to have those titles in print? They're already doing it for 5 other JNC series. You gotta let them know there's demand...
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
If you're so adamant about "muh paperbacks" why not go over to Seven Seas' twitter (or better yet, their monthly surveys) and tell them you'd like to have those titles in print? They're already doing it for 5 other JNC series. You gotta let them know there's demand...
I request Infinite Stratos and High School DxD in every novel survey that Seven Seas and Vertical sends out.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:37 pm Reply with quote
MetalGarurumon wrote:
Good news with Infinite Stratos, finally the latest volumes are going to be translated (Although the translation is not going to reach volume 9 until 2020 probably)

If J-Novel keeps up with their usual pace of ~6 volumes a year, they should be on volume 12 by 2020 (which comes out in Japan sometime this spring). Since the author of IS has had several multi-year hiatuses, they may catch up with Japan by mid 2020.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quote
gravediggernalk wrote:
I request Infinite Stratos and High School DxD in every novel survey that Seven Seas and Vertical sends out.

I'd say that there's a greater chance now than ever before of IS getting physical volumes printed, especially if the digital sales do well. J-Novel Club has worked with Seven Seas to get several titles published physically.
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
MetalGarurumon wrote:
The other is a disappointment, I was expecting Kou-1 with the godly Goban art and this Unwanted Undead Adventurer doesn't look very interesting.

Maybe you should give it a shot before writing it off?

gravediggernalk wrote:

Just saying, the post you quoted was directed at someone else :v
Hades_ANI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
JNC said that a series needs at least 2000 sold volumes to be profitable as a print version. Something like Outbreak company also has lower chances since it has 18 volumes and JNC never wants to start printing (or seven seas, how you want to take it) and then stop the print. Also, everything in print right now is rather actual and has some anime adaptation in the past or near future (so we can expect one from Realist Hero around beginning of next year, too). IS is rather old, but a big franchise (or at least it was, the author was a bit lazy) with 11+ volumes. How high or low the probability for a print release is, is now in your hands.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:24 am Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
gravediggernalk wrote:

I'd say that there's a greater chance now than ever before of IS getting physical volumes printed, especially if the digital sales do well. J-Novel Club has worked with Seven Seas to get several titles published physically.

I'm hoping this will be the case for IS, would like to read the novels...as I don't believe we're getting another anime season (at least not any time soon).
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
Siegfriedl88 wrote:

i'm old fashioned and only get physical releases of light novels/manga, and similarly only buy eroge games with hard copies :p.
I guess a survey is better than nothing too get support for it.

even if the anime rights and LN publishing rights having nothing too do with one another I already offered my support by buying the infinite stratos 2 blu ray box set last jan.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
The pace that J-Novel releases their volumes is actually good compared to the length people sometimes wait for fan translations of a light novel chapter. If the company gets bigger (say they had 13 staff members and 10 translators), they could potentially increase yearly output to 10-12 vol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2