• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mega Man X Legacy Collections Also Heads West on July 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
While the PS4 and Xbox One physical editions will have a disc for each collection, the Switch version will have a cartridge for Collection 1 and a download code for Collection 2.

Ridiculous!

Thankfully Capcom Japan is releasing Collections 1 & 2 separately with their two-pack sets so those who want X5-8 physically on the Switch can import from there.

Replying to a post from the Japanese thread:

Nate148 wrote:
I doubt the jp op's will be in the game based on the lack of jp op for RM8 on legacy 2

This is true but pulling the same with X would probably be an issue because with X6, that game's songs were included in the PS1 version, without the narration that the Japanese had, and it's believed that was one of the reasons why Capcom USA stopped porting the X games on the PSN after X5 (the other reason being the voice acting which would explain why that was cut from the X Collection on the PS2 & Gamecube). There's also X8 which had it's song cleared for the PC version so it would be interesting to see if that can get cleared again.
Lion Magnus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Great!

I just wish the game have the option for both language voices.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
^ They should have both since the previous collections had them only with the English opening & ending for 8 replacing the Japanese on that version because of the songs.
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
This is true but pulling the same with X would probably be an issue because with X6, that game's songs were included in the PS1 version, without the narration that the Japanese had, and it's believed that was one of the reasons why Capcom USA stopped porting the X games on the PSN after X5 (the other reason being the voice acting which would explain why that was cut from the X Collection on the PS2 & Gamecube).

I remember buying Mega Man X6 when it first came out and being a little bit bewildered about the voice acting and such, this being before I got into anime probably a few years later, and knew that the voice acting and songs were all Japanese. I remember buying Legend of Legaia for the PS1 back in the late 90s and that game had all the Japanese voice acting left intact, so I didn't understand what was up with the voices either. I did have the Mega Man X Collection for PS2 and I'm pretty sure that the voice acting and any references to anything Japanese being removed. I actually own the Japanese versions of Rockman 8, Rockman X3, and Rockman X4 for the Sega Saturn, but I'm sure I'll pick up this collection for PS4, just like I did with the Mega Man Legacy Collections 1 & 2.
CooperRC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking of getting this on the Switch, but now that Collection 2 is a download code, I am going to completely pass on the game.
Adv193

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:59 am Reply with quote
CooperRC wrote:
I was thinking of getting this on the Switch, but now that Collection 2 is a download code, I am going to completely pass on the game.

Guess that is your opinion, in my case I am not going to pass on something like this, as I have been waiting for over a decade to play X8 again.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 am Reply with quote
Who would want to by Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 tough? X5 is a solid 7/10 but the rest are substandard at best. At least they didn´t bother with Command Mission, yet skipping Maverick Hunter X is a mega crime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Southkaio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I hope this thing will have the English dub. I am so excited.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:
I hope this thing will have the English dub. I am so excited.

The previous collection had both versions for Mega Man 8 (except the Japanese OP & ED songs) so X4, 7 & 8 should be fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1