• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fairy Tail Anime Reveals Returning Staff, Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DukeNukem3D0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:22 pm Reply with quote
How come this show gets a final season yet Magi didn't get one
jppcouto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

Because Hiro Mashima is paying it big to happen.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
So it's going to look as ugly as last season eh? Good to know.
Morgan B.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
So it's going to look as ugly as last season eh? Good to know.

At least the original cast is reprising their roles and who knows, they just might be able to get some special animators on board. But alas, all will be revealed in due time. But hey, at least your opinion won’t stick around for at least a day.
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I sense a Fairy Tail console game coming soon with this announcement.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:
Exactly, so much other shounen deserve a lot more to be continue in anime than FT, Toriko, Reborn, Nurahyrion, Magi, ... we could go on for a lot time, i used to be really fan back in 2006-7 when it started then after the first 4-5 arc and until the end FT continued to repeat the same cycle in each of its arcs without ever innovate or barely and ended up being labeled "Nakama power Dake" it wasn't bad just too much convenient and seriously repetitive. Bleach last arc wasn't popular so they didn't adapt it, they should have done it for FT for the same reason

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
If people don't like Fairy Tail why the heck do they always come onto every FT related article? Just to complain? Whatever I'm really looking forward to the adaptation of the last arc, hopefully the anime expanding on material can fix some of the problems from the last arc (Anime did a great job fleshing out Edolas and Tartaros and making better fights then the manga).
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Excited to see how Acno-chan will brutally troll FT until the "nakama power" with an insert song prevails in the end.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:
Exactly, so much other shounen deserve a lot more to be continue in anime than FT, Toriko, Reborn, Nurahyrion, Magi, ... we could go on for a lot time, i used to be really fan back in 2006-7 when it started then after the first 4-5 arc and until the end FT continued to repeat the same cycle in each of its arcs without ever innovate or barely and ended up being labeled "Nakama power Dake" it wasn't bad just too much convenient and seriously repetitive. Bleach last arc wasn't popular so they didn't adapt it, they should have done it for FT for the same reason

Toriko doesn’t need a second season. It needs a reboot. Do the series the right way.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
If people don't like Fairy Tail why the heck do they always come onto every FT related article? Just to complain? Whatever I'm really looking forward to the adaptation of the last arc, hopefully the anime expanding on material can fix some of the problems from the last arc (Anime did a great job fleshing out Edolas and Tartaros and making better fights then the manga).
It's hatedom. Like a fandom, but instead of loving to love it they love to hate it. Like with a fandom member they've invested themselves in the series, but focusing on what they hate in it rather than what they like in it.

There's also a related group that's fans that love to drag on the negative aspects of something they actually like to the point they can seem like they're part of the hatedom. Unlike actual hatedom members they'll usually admit that they at least somewhat like what they hate on despite the flaws, even if they're more vocal about hating the flaws than liking whatever it is.
dmasterxd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:03 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:

Because they’re idiots, it’s best to just ignore them. Usually you can tell by the first sentence or so. By the way, love your avatar. Cool

Anyway I’m looking forward to it. Fairy Tail is the best battle shounen there is so it deserves a conclusive story unlike certain other shounen (looking at you HunterXHunter...)
Ambrose7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:10 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

Not to mention the last arc has to be the most inconsistently written one in the entirety of Fairy Tail.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:43 am Reply with quote
The people who hate Fairy Tail are such sad creatures. They always need to come and comment on all these Fairy Tail articles. Are they all that insecure?

Anyway I need to finish the old anime first, Im like 20 episodes short. But I'm looking forward to see stuff I liked animated. Dragon Cry really teased the last season well. The theater went crazy hyped when they saw it. For all the hate online this series gets, the Fairy Tail community is such a fun one.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
Are Fairy Tail fans really this sensitive, come one, it's just some people don't have the same love for Fairy Tail as others do. I will expect really bad animation with no consistency, like it usually has been with FT. A lot of people agree that this final arc is the worst of the worst that FT has to offer, so maybe there will be an anime original ending.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:00 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
A lot of people agree that this final arc is the worst of the worst that FT has to offer, so maybe there will be an anime original ending.

I didn't enjoy the final arc as much as I hoped I would, but am looking forward to new FT stories to come...but I really do hope the anime goes with it's own ending. An epilogue would be nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2