• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Vesperia Gets 'Definitve Edition' Release This Winter

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Thank god this multi-platform.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping one of the "new" costumes is a decently indecent swimsuit for Flynn. His wetsuit was such a disappointment.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote
#PCMasterrace for the high resolution shadow mods
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:02 pm Reply with quote
aNow I have to play through this again on the PS4.

maybe it's a good thing. I was planning to play through my 360 version again. I will wait for this one.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I never did get around to finishing the 360 version. First half of the game is fantastic—the best Tales Of has ever been. The last half? Not so much. It really nosedived hard into the generic. Hopefully the new characters and scenarios (skits?) will help mitigate that.

I do wonder how well the combat will feel. After Berseria and, to a lesser extent, Zestiria, I fear it might feel very dated.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Baffan!

(Bamco EU also seems to have promised him a free copy of the game, too)
Calico

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Man I am SO excited about this! I really liked the original version of the game, it had a terrific cast of characters and was fun to play, but I never ended up finishing it. I'm looking forward to finishing it this time around.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 pm Reply with quote
It's been a long time coming, but now it's confirmed. I can't wait to play through this fantastic title again while experiencing all the extras, as well as Flynn and Patty.
Sango chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I am crying. I am actually crying tears of joy right now. lol. I did buy the Japanese ps3 ver 4 or 5 years ago and I found a translation for it but I never got around to playing it yet. I prayed for this game to come complete in English. I am so glad. Right now I'm more happy about this then KH3 Release date. Anime hyper
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Sango chan wrote:
I am crying. I am actually crying tears of joy right now. lol. I did buy the Japanese ps3 ver 4 or 5 years ago and I found a translation for it but I never got around to playing it yet. I prayed for this game to come complete in English. I am so glad. Right now I'm more happy about this then KH3 Release date. Anime hyper
you're not alone in crying, I literally started sobbing while watching the video in the article. I haven't been able to keep up on new consoles or get more than a decentish computer because my health keeps me from working much but just three days ago I managed to save up enough to spoil myself and get a Switch (there's been lots of BS happening, including having to have a pet I hand raised put down, I needed a little treat) so I'm going to have a console that the rerelease will be coming out on. I've been wanting to play the full version so bad after finally getting a really good deal on a used Xbox 360 and playing that version that it's been so freaking frustrating. and now I'll finally be able to play the complete version, my fannish heart almost can't contain itself.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:41 am Reply with quote
I'd been hearing rumours on Twitter for days so i'm really pumped that it turned out to be true. Vesperia was my first Tales Of game and is still by far my favourite entry. I really enjoyed the story and thought all the characters (good and evil) were great. Yuri is probably one of my favourite protagonists of all time, up there with the likes of Lelouche from Code Geass. He was unusually complex and layered, being a good guy at heart but not afraid to get his hands dirty too. The icing on the cake was that he was voiced by the fantastic Troy Baker in the English localization.

So glad we finally get to play the full version, 10 years has been worth the wait and I'll literally be counting down the days. Very Happy
Amiantos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:56 am Reply with quote
By far my favorite entry into the tales of series and where I felt it peaked at. I had money set aside on steam from christmas from friends for MHW PC but it's now going towards ToV remaster on pc. Can't wait to sink another 100+ hours into this game.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 am Reply with quote
I never had a 360, so i am happy that it is now availble on all 3 platforms now, and this was the last one, discounting the PS3 port of Graces, to have that fixed camera angle that Symphonia started, I wish they would go abck to that, I hated the empty world in Zestiria. Did soneone sayyou also get the PS3 version digitally?
Collectonian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:11 am Reply with quote
Really excited to see this announcement! I've heard so many good things about Vesperia, but don't have a 360 so never got to play it. Will be on my Christmas list for sure Very Happy
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am Reply with quote
When I heard this yesterday, they had only announced the Xbox One version so far. I'm so very glad this isn't going to be an exclusive. I loved Vesperia but never finished it, and the main reason was that I just never had the Xbox plugged in.

The timing is also strange in that I just picked up Beseria yesterday after not having played a Tales game for a couple years. But then, Tales games are so long, I probably won't even have finished it by the time Vesperia comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2