• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Forest of Piano Worth Watching?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAAA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:03 pm Reply with quote
The playing with fruit thing makes me think of Henry Cowell's Tides of Manaunan (one of my all time favorite pieces of music), which has you playing with your entire forearm. https://youtu.be/PbbX0J3C6yM
relena4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I loved this show! <3

Music is definitely the strong suit of this adaptation. I couldn't skip the OP even once. So frustrating!

And watch the movie, it's beautifully animated and it actually explains some things (and it's hilarious! I nearly lost it at the flying toilet).
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Now are we going to get this on DVD?

Glad to see Netflix picking up some older titles and giving them exposure through many streaming subscription sites.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 pm Reply with quote
^ Older titles? This came out in April. And what do you mean by giving them exposure on other streaming sites? Isn't this only legally on Netflix?

I loved both the movie and the series. Kai was such an interesting and dynamic character that I barely noticed all the flaws pointed out here - ok, the animation was hard to overlook, but the story moved along briskly enough to make it irrelevant.

I'm really looking forward to the next season.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's not an older title, and it is only available on Netflix. It also probably will not get a physical release.
Anyway, I downloaded it to my phone via their app, so I'll check it out during work over the next week or so. Hopefully it's better than this column makes it sound.
Skydrop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 pm Reply with quote
its NOT older title!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 am Reply with quote
The studio really does have no talent left, was there really no one at the studio who could animate someone playing the piano? Instead they could only chuck in a CG puppet and have it awkwardly play it. How are they going to be able to make Uru in Blue now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1