• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Castlevania Season 2 Executive Producer Adi Shankar

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
"I though Dracula was better written than Thanos."

A great truth has been spoken!

Anyway, gearing up for Season 2 tomorrow.
Takizawa-Shinzou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
This cartoon looks good. Season 1 was too short. It's not anime and the art is not my favorite but it's entertaining.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I can be snobby about anime and cartoons, bur I consider this one of the more valuable Netflix/Internet revivals we've gotten.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Shankar is always a character. Can't say I disagree with him on most things. Self-contained stories and shit that is planned out from the beginning with a clear ending does tend to be the best content.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
looks like nobody cares about Grant...
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:

Shankar admitted before Season 1 debuted that the only reason Grant won't ever be in this series is because he hates the "Danasty" last name... I guess because he can only ever see it as "Da Nasty", which shows how petty he can be with some stuff.

Anyway, I'll give this series a watch eventually, likely when the home video release happens, but it is cool to at least know that Hector from Curse of Darkness will be involved in some way. Always cool to see characters from lesser-known entries get some love.
Xe4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to watching the show later tonight. It's the best video game adaptation I think I've ever sen and I have a feeling season 2 will be even better.

Japanese anime companies adapting video games should be taking notes.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Xe4 wrote:
Looking forward to watching the show later tonight. It's the best video game adaptation I think I've ever sen and I have a feeling season 2 will be even better.

Japanese anime companies adapting video games should be taking notes.

Indeed. Apart from Gungrave (which was made a looong time ago anyway) Castlevania puts every single videogame adaptation to shame...
Anyway, about to start S2... can't wait!
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:

Shankar admitted before Season 1 debuted that the only reason Grant won't ever be in this series is because he hates the "Danasty" last name... I guess because he can only ever see it as "Da Nasty", which shows how petty he can be with some stuff.

Anyway, I'll give this series a watch eventually, likely when the home video release happens, but it is cool to at least know that Hector from Curse of Darkness will be involved in some way. Always cool to see characters from lesser-known entries get some love.

First off, that was Ellis saying that. Second, Grant was excised in the original script is because the script was for a set of films and there wouldn't have been time for Grant. Third, he admittedly found the name stupid and Grant being a pirate weird, but Ellis said he would have changed the name to "Dinesti" (which is probably supposed be Grant's actual surname) and change his backstory a bit if Grant showed up
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
First off, that was Ellis saying that. Second, Grant was excised in the original script is because the script was for a set of films and there wouldn't have been time for Grant. Third, he admittedly found the name stupid and Grant being a pirate weird, but Ellis said he would have changed the name to "Dinesti" (which is probably supposed be Grant's actual surname) and change his backstory a bit if Grant showed up

I mean, Ellis pretty much rewrote the entire series from scratch as it is what with the church being evil. Ellis is a notorious atheist and anti-Christian, which makes him adapting a series that features badass holy warriors of the church fighting demons a bit odd.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1