• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Rising of The Shield Hero Anime Casts Rina Hidaka, Maaya Uchida

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:54 am Reply with quote
Shouldn't her name be listed as Filo not Firo. It even mentions she's a Filolial and that's how she got her name Filo.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah Filo is the official english translation for both the light novels and manga. Also calling her "the Filolial Queen" is wrong as well. She's "A" Filolial Queen but that's just the type of filolial she is and there's more then one.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 am Reply with quote
Just noticed they toned down Filo's outfit design from the light novels which is a bit disappointing but I guess makes sense since it would be hard to animate constantly. As for the news of the article itself... Rina Hidaka is playing Filo!? Considering her roles as Enju from Black Bullet and Last Order from A Certain Magical Index this is pretty much perfect. Like for playing a loli character there's not many VAs that are better. With Melty being cast as well I guess I can safely assume we're getting two cours to adapt the first four volumes of the light novels unless they butcher it really badly which I imagine they won't considering Crunchyroll wants this to be their next big series.
Taskforce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:31 am Reply with quote
Actually, the 12th volume of the light novel was released in the US on August 10, 2018. The 8th Volume was indeed released in June, but it was 2017 not 2018.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1