• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Hathaway's Flash Film Trilogy, Reconguista in G Film Project Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dardre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:52 am Reply with quote
Oh yay, there will be an even more chopped up version of Reconguista in G; I have to admit to a certain morbid curiosity. Maybe they'll finally be able to force Tomino to drop sub-plots and sub-sub-plots in favor of story flow...

Laughing Nah, probably not.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:53 am Reply with quote
Well, at least one person here is genki about more Reconguista. :D

I guess the accidental Hathaway's Flash reveal before was true...I wonder what that "overseas drama like" UC2 thing will wind up being.
HK16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
Really? A G-Reco comp film? I would have much preferred Frozen Teardrop.
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote
The Origin OVA cut up as a TV series is alright but the rest.... Hathaway was a insufferable snot back in Char's Counterattack so I have no idea why people would ever want more of him and having read a very detailed summary of the novels some years back, it just sounds like a story that is pointless dark and miserable for the sake of being dark and miserable which is Tomino at his worst. Unless it been heavily rewritten, G-Reco will still be a hot mess as a movie and there hasn't been a good Build Fighters entry since the original.

All I can say is a most through meh to all these new projects.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:22 am Reply with quote
I'm really interested to see what Hathaway's Flash is going to look like.

I loved Reconguista. Can't wait to see the film. It's too bad it looks like it's just going to be condensed into one.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
The Origin OVA cut up as a TV series is alright but the rest.... Hathaway was a insufferable snot back in Char's Counterattack so I have no idea why people would ever want more of him

Couldn't agree more. I think I will pass until the 3rd movie comes out because I don't think I can watch him without seeing the conclusion when I'm done.

The article says that this continues UC, but isn't this actually an AU spin off of UC? I want to say that it has to retcon elements of CCA to exist (which might be because it was intended to follow the novel version of CCA but I'm not sure on that).
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:51 am Reply with quote
Any gundam news is always welcomed, be it a G reco Recap or TV airing of a movie. Damn so good to be gundam fan this days.

edit: noticed the poster i see Gundam Barbatos, new season confirmed and the protag will be mika's son???? or another recap movie?

Last edited by #alfrescoCR on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Well, at least one person here is genki about more Reconguista. Very Happy

I guess the accidental Hathaway's Flash reveal before was true...I wonder what that "overseas drama like" UC2 thing will wind up being.

its probably the live action announcement. Overseas means USA or hollywood and Drama will probably translate into a movie. I'm just guessing tho don't mind me.
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:16 am Reply with quote
Reconguista and the Origin don't interest me in the slightest, but I am curious about Hathaway's Flash. Don't really know much about the story aside from a bit of the ending.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:23 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
The article says that this continues UC, but isn't this actually an AU spin off of UC? I want to say that it has to retcon elements of CCA to exist (which might be because it was intended to follow the novel version of CCA but I'm not sure on that).

Well, they have 3 movies to do it. I don't think they would jump into the story without giving context to the events of Char's Counterattack and in incorporating elements of Beltorchika's Children, there's an opportunity to reanimated the final battle with Hi-ν Gundam and Nightingale. I mean what better way to sell new toys.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:38 am Reply with quote
Pretty much expected this. Like most people, I'm not too fond of Hathaway, but at the same time I am interested in this movie trilogy and how Sunrise will handle the overall story-line going into the late UC.

SilverTalon01 wrote:
Zeino wrote:
The Origin OVA cut up as a TV series is alright but the rest.... Hathaway was a insufferable snot back in Char's Counterattack so I have no idea why people would ever want more of him

Couldn't agree more. I think I will pass until the 3rd movie comes out because I don't think I can watch him without seeing the conclusion when I'm done.

Hathaway's Flash is a sequel to the novel version of CCA, but i believe the only significant difference between Beltochika's Children and the CCA movie that carries over into Hathaway's Flash is spoiler[ Hathaway kills Quess]. I don't think it would be difficult to fit Hathaway's Flash into the same continuity as the CCA movie.

Last edited by Zetabag on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Zetabag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:05 am Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:
Kicksville wrote:
Well, at least one person here is genki about more Reconguista. Very Happy

its probably the live action announcement. Overseas means USA or hollywood and Drama will probably translate into a movie. I'm just guessing tho don't mind me.

I highly doubt UC2 is the live action movie project. UC2 is mostly likely the third part of the "UC NexT 0100" project that Gundam Narrative and Hathaway's Flash are a part of. IIRC, when Narrative was announced in April, it was accidentally revealed that Narrative, HF, and UC2 were part of the UC NexT 0100 project with UC2 being slated for 2022.
Millhi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 am Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:
Any gundam news is always welcomed, be it a G reco Recap or TV airing of a movie. Damn so good to be gundam fan this days.

edit: noticed the poster i see Gundam Barbatos, new season confirmed and the protag will be mika's son???? or another recap movie?

Just promo visuals for the 40th anniversary like the article stated. Pretty sure this one is Ibo and 00 mixed up. (almost certain because of the flower and silver hand)
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:24 am Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Well, they have 3 movies to do it. I don't think they would jump into the story without giving context to the events of Char's Counterattack and in incorporating elements of Beltorchika's Children, there's an opportunity to reanimated the final battle with Hi-ν Gundam and Nightingale. I mean what better way to sell new toys.

Personally I would rather them tweak Hathaway's Flash to fit the animated continuiti.
forexjammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
Don't really get the hate on Reconguista, the show is a massive pleb filter. You people that intend to watch it need that chart that some guy made that spoonfeed the entire story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2