• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime Reveals Staff, More Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:27 am Reply with quote
If it is the same staff of Tales then we have the guarantee that it will be a quality series.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:03 am Reply with quote
Damn that shot of Tomioka looks great.
RahviTheColorful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:54 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

Right? (thought I can't imagine Sakurai's voice fitting the character, but we'll see)

Even though it's just another shonen, I really love this series for some reason (the characters I guess, and the art style) and I keep seeing these awesome visuals and the cast and I'm just so hyped for this anime. Haven't been this excited about jump stuff in forever.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:48 am Reply with quote
I in a lot of aways adore the kind of dorky art of the manga. It adds levity to often serious situations and keeps things fun. So it'll be interesting to see how the revamped art in the anime will affect the tone.

RahviTheColorful wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

Right? (thought I can't imagine Sakurai's voice fitting the character, but we'll see)

Even though it's just another shonen, I really love this series for some reason (the characters I guess, and the art style) and I keep seeing these awesome visuals and the cast and I'm just so hyped for this anime. Haven't been this excited about jump stuff in forever.

There's nothing wrong with getting excited over Shonen, they're often fun and action packed. That's as good of a reason as any in my opinion.
RahviTheColorful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 am Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
I in a lot of aways adore the kind of dorky art of the manga. It adds levity to often serious situations and keeps things fun. So it'll be interesting to see how the revamped art in the anime will affect the tone.

Same here. But the manga switchs a lot between well drawn, detailed art and the dorkiness, so I'm kind of expecting and hoping the anime will do the same.

HoboSoup wrote:
There's nothing wrong with getting excited over Shonen, they're often fun and action packed. That's as good of a reason as any in my opinion.

Yeah, nothing wrong with it. I'm just commenting that after reading and watching so much, I hardly ever care much, specially about anime (I love My Hero Academia manga, but I never bothered with the anime aside from occasionally checking to see what the characters sound like), so for me, personally, it's really weird (in a good way) that I'm so excited about an anime adaptation of a Jump manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:04 am Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
If it is the same staff of Tales then we have the guarantee that it will be a quality series.
It's the same staff as not Tales, but just Tales of Zestiria series, so... not really, except the animation quality. Especially if they bring Hikaru Kondo, who proved himself by being not a best writer.
But well, being the Jump manga adaptation will have something to it.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Wait GO SHIINA is on the music? This is going to be amazing.

And Zestiria the X was pretty damn great, so a similar staff is great news.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Ufotable is always quality
1dbad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see what best boy Inosuke looks like in anime form. Soma's voice for him will be perfect too.

And Yuki Kajiura is co-composing the soundtrack? I'm not familiar with the other composer's work, but her stuff is godly so I can't wait to hear what she cooks up for Kimetsu.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
Depending on how much of the manga gets adapted between when they first started working on the anime to just before its 4/2019 premiere, we could be looking at least 26 epi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1