• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata Establishes JP Games Company

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyrantValvatorez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
It'll fail with in a year. Tabata seems to have been a terrible leader.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
TyrantValvatorez wrote:
It'll fail with in a year. Tabata seems to have been a terrible leader.

How so? I read this often, but most people don't seem to have a good grasp of the actual situation. It is easy to blame everything on Tabata because he has become the "face" of Final Fantasy XV and everything, but there's much more to it if you look deeper into it.

I personally don't think he is a very good game designer, but as a leader he definitely did a good job making the best out of the mess that was Final Fantasy Versus XIII in a rather short time. I'd rather blame the management for the unfinished status of the game, and Nomura for being unable to make good progress in such a long span of time.
metalcoola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
Nomura is much worse than Tabata, he might be good character designer, but he is terrible director, without help from Tabata, we would need to wait like 15 years for any of his games to be released. Tabata also made great games like Crisis Core and Type-0
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1