• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Judge Eyes PS4 Game's English Title, Summer 2019 Release Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 am Reply with quote
They should have at least kept the subtitle... just "Judgment" is painfully generic.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:48 am Reply with quote
A lot of good news here. Nice to hear they have enough money to burn for an english dub. I actually usually prefer English dubs, but the world of Yakuza is so Japanese I doubt I'd ever want anything but the subs for a story and location like this. But it's worth it to have a dub to see if that brings in new fans. It's even an all star cast, if that's really a good thing considering how recognizable all these voices are...
Just hoping for a June release now, but it'll probably be August as usual.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 am Reply with quote
Heh, a mix of household dubbing VAs, occasional TV stars, two mainly pre-lay VAs and an Internet-based VA who's doing his first dubs in Dallas.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:52 am Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
A lot of good news here. Nice to hear they have enough money to burn for an english dub. I actually usually prefer English dubs, but the world of Yakuza is so Japanese I doubt I'd ever want anything but the subs for a story and location like this. But it's worth it to have a dub to see if that brings in new fans. It's even an all star cast, if that's really a good thing considering how recognizable all these voices are...

Well there was an English Dub for Yakuza in the 1st game.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:34 am Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:

There's also an English dub for Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (also from the Yakuza studio) with Robbie Daymond voicing Kenshiro.

MoonPhase1 wrote:

For the original or Kiwami? Haven't played the series myself but Lost Paradise has been so much fun that I might consider picking them up in a few months.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
MoonPhase1 wrote:

For the original or Kiwami? Haven't played the series myself but Lost Paradise has been so much fun that I might consider picking them up in a few months.

Original PS2 version. It has Mark Hamill in it and a few other recognizable Hollywood actors.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:15 am Reply with quote
HYPE
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:39 am Reply with quote
You had me at "Cherami Leigh"
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote
^They had me at Crispin Freeman....and Cristina Vee too but he's a bigger deal since it gave away that this is a union dub. Not that it's bad but I haven't heard him in anything that interested me since FUNi's Yuki-chan dub two years ago so this has me pretty hyped.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
They should have at least kept the subtitle... just "Judgment" is painfully generic.

Keeping the subtitle would make sense if it didn't basically come off as overdone and making it easy to mistake what the game's premise is.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Animorphimagi wrote:

There's also an English dub for Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (also from the Yakuza studio) with Robbie Daymond voicing Kenshiro.

MoonPhase1 wrote:

Oh right. I forgot Fist of the North star got a dub. Then maybe this is a trend for all their future games.
Original Yakuza 1's dub was actually the reason why they stopped doing dubs because they paid for premium AAA actors like Mads Mickelson and Mark Hamill
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1