• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragon Ball Super: Broly Film is 1st Anime to Screen in IMAX in U.S.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ponce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:53 pm Reply with quote
For those that have seen it: If you haven't watched any of Dragon Ball Super would you still be able to follow along with it? Furthermore, would it spoil any major events in the anime?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm Reply with quote
IMAX but they can’t let us watch it in original Japanese with subtitles.
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Ponce wrote:
For those that have seen it: If you haven't watched any of Dragon Ball Super would you still be able to follow along with it? Furthermore, would it spoil any major events in the anime?

You should be able to follow along no problem, the main thrust of the film is set up with a backstory that takes up about a third of the film. As far as spoilers for Super go, the only one I can really remember is a brief scene that indicates "we won" a big fight... But that's sort of par for the course in Dragon Ball. I don't think you should be worried about either of your concerns.
Ponce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
3rdImpakt wrote:
Ponce wrote:

You should be able to follow along no problem, the main thrust of the film is set up with a backstory that takes up about a third of the film. As far as spoilers for Super go, the only one I can really remember is a brief scene that indicates "we won" a big fight... But that's sort of par for the course in Dragon Ball. I don't think you should be worried about either of your concerns.

Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to go see it in Imax now.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sad that my town has an IMAX theater and the theater is showing Broly on that day, but not in IMAX... (the IMAX theater room seems to be reserved for Aquaman that whole day according to cinemark's website ugh).
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 am Reply with quote
Ponce wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to go see it in Imax now.

I definitely recommend it! I saw it in 4DX with the moving seat, little water and everything and it was so fun. The perfect thrill ride movie that worked so with that type of experience. IMAX would definitely be a great way to experience it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1