• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Ouch, so the Sunshine movie is not exactly a great send-off for the Aquors. That feels troubling.
Loveless100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I came out of it underwhelmed. The review is spot on. I didn't want to compare it to the original Love Live movie...but I felt the original was better. I'm sort of bummed that Italy was such a small portion of the movie, considering how much that fact was promoted in the previews and promotional images.

The Saint Snow song is worth going though. That scene and song is all hype.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:24 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Ouch, so the Sunshine movie is not exactly a great send-off for the Aquors. That feels troubling.

I don't think it's meant as a send off at all tbh. Considering how successful Aqours has been, i doubt this the end for Aqours as a whole. It's actually not a bad as a movie. The songs are all the rage though. I wouldn't compare the orginal movie to this AT ALL either. Both have a different premise as a whole. They are both great movies on their own. I just people walk in thinking Aqours are going to end the same way as Muse but it's not like that at all hence leaving people with the underwhelming feeling.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 am Reply with quote
Years ago, here in Mexico we enjoy the love live movie. With Honoka's group. So I am hoping that someone brings Sunshine movie. Now I know what happen as the plot and some of the problems of the movie. I am only curious with thew movie because is the epilogue.
athimmel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have any idea when or if the film will be released in the U.S.? It would seem to be a natural, but I haven't seen any news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1