• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinichiro Watanabe, BONES' Original Carole & Tuesday Anime Reveals Promo Video, Cast, Apr

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:16 am Reply with quote
You know what blows about this about being on Netflix? It means we won't get weekly episodic reviews from ANN reviewers that will go along with Ikuhara's Sarazanmai for the Spring season. Mad

On a side note, I guess having the singing parts for the main characters means anyone dubbing it won't have to worry about singing themselves. Trailer looks gorgeous though.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:28 am Reply with quote
Wow this looks gorgeous indeed Shocked Shocked I hope Netflix will pull a Revisions (another Ultra anime block series) and we get the full series at once, that'd be neat
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:39 am Reply with quote
When I see BONES and Watanabe-san collaborate, I turn into fanboy mode.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:40 am Reply with quote
Huh quite ambitious, nice. Cool
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:56 am Reply with quote
They're gonna show the world that you don't need to be a robot to write robotic pop music.
Marzan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:57 am Reply with quote
Watanabe found a way to shoehorn some sci-fi Mars setting. Love it. This is going to be good.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
I like that they actually bothered to find someone fitting for Carole's singing voice. This may certainly not be the "next Cowboy Bebop" but I think this time Watanabe is making a series that will be fondly remember in the future, something he hasn't had much luck with since Samurai Champloo.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
I like that they actually bothered to find someone fitting for Carole's singing voice. This may certainly not be the "next Cowboy Bebop" but I think this time Watanabe is making a series that will be fondly remember in the future, something he hasn't had much luck with since Samurai Champloo.

I dunno, I'm sure plenty of people fondly remember Space Dandy, no matter how much ANN pushes the whole "it wasn't successful therefore nobody liked it" agenda.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 am Reply with quote
I like the idea of a drama show with a sci-fi setting and the characters seem unique and interesting. The animation and music already looks impressive from this trailer and I can't wait to watch this.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:22 pm Reply with quote
But it... doesn't look that unique.

It looks pretty similar to most things that label themselves as unique.

Like, there's an audience for this sort of thing, obviously, because every time you turn around it feels like there's one, but like.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:44 pm Reply with quote
A bit bothered its on Netflix, so no blu-ray most likely, but at least its not Amazon and we know its getting a dub, which sounds like it would work really well for this show. Still salty Banana Fish never got one considering it takes place in the US with a mostly American cast.
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:51 pm Reply with quote
It's cool that the music is all in English and that they actually got a black woman to sing for Carole, but nothing else about this anime seems interesting to me. Like, how many times have we seen strong female friendships and a sci-fi background setting in an anime? A lot. And there's a lot of anime that have a strong music focus too, which doesn't automatically make it a good show. We'll see about this one. Right now I'm more interested in Sarazanmai even though that's more of Ikuhara's shtick.
BlueOla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
InimitableUman wrote:
Like, how many times have we seen strong female friendships and a sci-fi background setting in an anime? A lot.

A lot? Have we been watching different anime all these years? I mean sure, we've seen a lot of strong female friendships and a lot of sci-fi, but not, you know, AT THE SAME TIME. Add to that the music element and it sounds like a really fun mix.

InimitableUman wrote:

And there's a lot of anime that have a strong music focus too, which doesn't automatically make it a good show.

No one's saying that it does, but yeah, we're excited to hear the music, especially that this clearly won't be just another idol anime or anything like that.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I've been really looking forward to this series ever since I first saw the character designs. Seeing this preview has made me even more interested in the show.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The site stated that the anime is the "world's first Japanese anime to have all English vocals"
Is that true? I just feel that may not be the case, there are certainly shows that have had English language OPs and EDs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2