• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Winter 2019, Feb 19-25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I honestly can't possibly imagine what was apparently so bad about the new ENDRO episode that warranted such a nosedive.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:12 am Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
I honestly can't possibly imagine what was apparently so bad about the new ENDRO episode that warranted such a nosedive.

It just went back to normal, the show ranking was on a downward trend before the last two episode and episode 7 was more or less filler where nothing really happened.
Skydrop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:19 am Reply with quote
what happened Karakuri Circus?! Its so at the bottom lol that makes excited to continue from where I have left if that show went really that bad after quite good start.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
The jump for Run with the Wind matches my sense of this series. Over the past six weeks or so, it definitely upped its game. It was a solid show about a bunch of college guys who decide to run in the grueling Hakone relay race. Of late it has shown more emotional layering, and is definitely worth watching.

GeGeGe no Kitarou's decline comes during one of its "monster-of-the-week" phases, but this week's episode brings us back to Mana and Nanashi in a very surprising way.

Karakuri Circus went off the rails a while ago for me.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:02 am Reply with quote
The cumulative ranking shows a curious divide between the 11th and 12th spaces. Nothing 11 or above has dropped below 11th in the cumulative ranking. Nothing 12 or below has risen above 12 in the cumulative ranking. It will be interesting to see if this lasts all season.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:02 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
The cumulative ranking shows a curious divide between the 11th and 12th spaces. Nothing 11 or above has dropped below 11th in the cumulative ranking. Nothing 12 or below has risen above 12 in the cumulative ranking. It will be interesting to see if this lasts all season.

Barring one of the top 11 shows really collapsing in ratings, like Karakuri Circus did last season, it doesn’t seem likely that divide will be broken, given the way the closest shows to the divide are trending. If anything, I think the divide between the top 5 and the rest is more likely to be broken by Kaguya than the divide between the top 11 and the rest. But in both cases, we are running out of episodes for that to happen.

This is also the closest divide to the middle of the rankings for this column. There have been similar divides but always closer to the top or bottom (down to the top 5 or up to the bottom 6).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm at a loss as to why Kaguya is so popular. I watched the first couple of episodes and didn't laugh once. I've dropped in on a few scenes since that were touted as being hilarious and was left scratching my head. I guess it's good whenever people find something they really enjoy, but this one's a mystery to me.

I'm also surprised that Mob dropped a slot with episode 8 of all times. I didn't see that JoJo's 20 was doing anything that outdid Mob.

Happy to see Kaze surge, but I wish Mononokean could get more traction. It's really getting good.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I'm at a loss as to why Kaguya is so popular. I watched the first couple of episodes and didn't laugh once. I've dropped in on a few scenes since that were touted as being hilarious and was left scratching my head. I guess it's good whenever people find something they really enjoy, but this one's a mystery to me.

I don’t know that there is anything more to say about Kaguya’s popularity than other people find it funny. I don’t think we should feel obligated to understand the quality others see in a show, be it a popular favorite, critical darling, or both, but I think that also means we need to realize that we can’t always understand everything, and that not understanding what others see in a show doesn’t mean there is no quality there. Not that you are necessarily saying that about Kaguya. I’ve just seen that attitude in the community.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
The jump for Run with the Wind matches my sense of this series. Over the past six weeks or so, it definitely upped its game. It was a solid show about a bunch of college guys who decide to run in the grueling Hakone relay race. Of late it has shown more emotional layering, and is definitely worth watching.

I've literally not made it through a single one of the last 6 episodes of Run With The Wind without balling my eyes out. I thought at first that my love for the series may have a lot to do with my past running cross country, but I think that's a surprisingly small part of it at the end of the day. It's just a f*cking really good sports series with excellent characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1