• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Flowers of Evil Film's Teaser Reveals September Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 am Reply with quote
Well I hope the live-action film actually finishes at the halfway point, because I wasn't a huge fan of the anime stopping just short of the final stretch/climax of the first half.
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:23 pm Reply with quote
ronri wrote:
Well I hope the live-action film actually finishes at the halfway point, because I wasn't a huge fan of the anime stopping just short of the final stretch/climax of the first half.

They can cover up to volume 6 quite easily if they don't go for a slow burner atmospherical approach like the anime did (which was more faithful to the author's signature writing in the manga).

Not sure if it would be the best move, but they can sure cover up to the point of highest stakes in the story, that being spoiler[the festival].
SushiLord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm Reply with quote
A few months ago when the film was first announced, I read that the complete manga story will be adapted within this upcoming film. That's volumes 1 - 11! I'm excited yet skeptical about that news. If it's true that is. Either way, I hope the cast and crew do a great job with the material.
Sensei Terry Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Ooooooohhhhh..... look at that glare.......this is indeed Nakamura-san.

......and I'm still mad at the fact there wasn't a follow up to the Flowers of Evil anime Sad
ronri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:23 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:

They can cover up to volume 6 quite easily if they don't go for a slow burner atmospherical approach like the anime did (which was more faithful to the author's signature writing in the manga).

Not sure if it would be the best move, but they can sure cover up to the point of highest stakes in the story, that being spoiler[the festival].

Yeah I'm basically talking about spoiler[Takao's rape and the festival]. Looking at the trailer, I think it's pretty much confirmed with Nakamura waving the bat around.

That said, I only watched the trailer at first but I realized it also includes Tokiwa from the girl with the scarf and even the cast listing! So now I'm very hopeful that the movie will cover pretty much most of the story especially since Tokiwa's arc felt like the final payoff to Takao's journey.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1