• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Too Much to Play

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero-chan
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
NOTE: I decided to change a bit in the OPM section because we're not sure if this is tag-based 3v3 (ala Jump Force) or simultaneous 3v3 (ala Xenoverse) yet. I think it's the former but I'd rather not potentially spread misinformation.

Also, once again big news drops as soon as the article goes live. This time it's Pokemon Masters. Guess I know what next week's column is about!
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:23 pm Reply with quote
The new Sakura Taisen looks great so far, but I'm getting a little paranoid about how they seem to be deliberately not showing combat. I'm just hoping that when they finally show it my reaction isn't "oh...this gonna suck." Fingers crossed.

Quote:
now I'm wondering if any other fan favorite characters might be coming back. (Please bring back Gemini and Erica, please, please…)

Unfortunately, the backstory of the game is that the previous games' Combat Revues died saving the world in 1931. So barring any "So-and-so was kidnapped and brainwashed!" reveals, Sumire's all we get (she had already retired by that point).
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I forgot about that new Sakura Wars. I bought the previous (and only I think) release when it came out here, but never got around to it. I should probably do that...

I didn't realize that SolSeraph was an Actraiser spiritual sequel. Hopefully it turns out well.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:29 pm Reply with quote
-OPM: yeah, just another of Bandai-Namco middling anime games

-Sakura Wars: Ah, Sumire is back with, of course, Michie Tomizawa reprising her role. As for if any other veterans will be coming back, let's be real: there's no way Sega would do something like that. Heck, Chisa Yokoyama herself has been doing promotional work for the series in recent months so bringing out the mascot of the franchise only to supposedly have her killed off is suspicious. Check out Samantha Ferreira's Twitter or Anime Herald on more since Ferreira is the BIGGEST Sakura Wars fan ever.

-SolSeraph: Well alright then. My interest is piqued
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Author doesn't want to spread misinformation on one front, yet makes a blatant error on another. Samurai Spirits is out for the consoles, but the PC port won't be out until later this year. The way the article is written, first impression readers get is the PC version is already available, which is patently false (launch trailer clearly says PS4 and Xbox One).
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
All I know is that Judgment is out and that’s good news.
isahackjob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I demand Gunbuster levels of jiggle in my vigi games. I cant enjoy my tendies otherwise.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's basically an Actraiser spiritual sequel (because Actraiser 2 was, uh, kinda weird),

The Actraiser games in general are pretty weird.
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Quote:
It's basically an Actraiser spiritual sequel (because Actraiser 2 was, uh, kinda weird),

The Actraiser games in general are pretty weird.

Wasn't Actraiser 2 basically Actraiser 1 without the community building part? I.E. Purely platform hack 'n slash?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:43 am Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:

Wasn't Actraiser 2 basically Actraiser 1 without the community building part? I.E. Purely platform hack 'n slash?

Yeah supposedly they took the "Professional" mode from the first game and designed the 2nd game almost exclusively with the same gimmick.
icelava

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:21 am Reply with quote
One Punch Man

Only need to press one button, correct?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1