• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sailor Moon Manga Editor: Anime's 1st 20 Episodes Were Planned to Feature Usagi Only

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:54 pm Reply with quote
The Usagi solo episodes are some of my favorites so I wouldn't have minded seeing more of them. The Tuxedo Unmasked blog is doing a full translation of the interview. It's really fascinating to read.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
The Usagi solo episodes were okay but I feel that would made it a little boring if they lasted that long.

With that said, I do wish we had more Usagi/Ami episodes than just with episode 9.
Fallenmessiahx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:25 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
The Usagi solo episodes were okay but I feel that would made it a little boring if they lasted that long.

With that said, I do wish we had more Usagi/Ami episodes than just with episode 9.

I think it would have been fun to have Rei come in before Ami and her and Usagi could have a "buddy-cop" type scenario for a handful of episodes.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 am Reply with quote
I love Usagi as a character but they made the right choice here to bring Ami and Rei in early. It's when the series became an ensemble show that Sailor Moon really took off as an anime. I don't think 20 episodes of Sailor Moon foiling Jadiete by herself with little change in the status quo would be anywhere near as successful. If anything it might have sunk the anime if they had gone that route.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:01 am Reply with quote
Surprised that they would cancel the manga if the anime didn't sell the toys. Doesn't seem fair to me to do that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1