• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream A Certain Scientific Accelerator Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:23 am Reply with quote
Alright... I think there's just 2 shows left that we don't know if/where will be streaming left?
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 am Reply with quote
I am so excited for the anime. I remember collecting the manga in hopes that a anime would be released. Now my hopes have come true. I can't wait to finally watch it
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Alright... I think there's just 2 shows left that we don't know if/where will be streaming left?

Only Try Knights remains a mystery; Takagi-san 2 was presumably snatched up by Netflix.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Dessa wrote:

Only Try Knights remains a mystery; Takagi-san 2 was presumably snatched up by Netflix.

Do we have any source on that possibility? I can't find anything. (Crunchy has 1 more show, I'm guessing it's Try Knights)
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Takagi-san 2 was presumably snatched up by Netflix.

That would be a weird acquisition imo. Does Netflix even have the 1st season? CR has it at least. And it's exactly the kind of show that doesn't work so well for binge watching since it's so repetitive, simplistic and slow paced.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
Takagi-san 2 was presumably snatched up by Netflix.

That would be a weird acquisition imo. Does Netflix even have the 1st season? CR has it at least. And it's exactly the kind of show that doesn't work so well for binge watching since it's so repetitive, simplistic and slow paced.

It doesn’t really matter if the first season is on Netflix right now or if it fits the usual Netflix demo. Saiki K season 1 wasn’t on Netflix until they took the second season from Funimation, after all. But the fact of the matter is that Takagi S2 is streaming exclusively on Netflix Japan, which almost always translates to the rest of the world, with only one exception from what I’ve heard. Not a single company in the whole world outside Japan has announced they’ve licensed Takagi S2, which is pretty damning evidence, unfortunately. It’s still possible Funi/Crunchy could pull a miracle in the next couple weeks, but the longer time passes, the less likely it’ll happen.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's really disappointing if Netflix acquires Takagi-san's season 2. It was decently entertaining in 20 minute doses once a week so I was going to follow the 2nd season weekly, but Netflix acquiring it throws a spanner into my plans. Unless...
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that Accelerator anime I have been looking forward to not sure about the other one everyone is talking about though
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Funimation is also streaming "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?". Too bad they aren't dubbing it though.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Funimation is also streaming "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?". Too bad they aren't dubbing it though.

They would have dubbed it if it was their license, but it is Aniplex USA's.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:27 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

They would have dubbed it if it was their license, but it is Aniplex USA's.

Clearly. That much was obvious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1