• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Seven Deadly Sins TV Anime Posts Promo Video, New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bioshocker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, that PV doesn't look promising at all. I guess that was to be expected after the new season was announced so soon with the new staff and everything.
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:55 pm Reply with quote
The manga have been going downhill for sometime now so i don't have high hope for this.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am Reply with quote
Who knows, maybe the anime onlys will enjoy this season.
JoshuaC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 am Reply with quote
KarlFranz wrote:
The manga have been going downhill for sometime now so i don't have high hope for this.

How has it been going downhill? Yes it has slightly deviated but it is still very enjoyable. S1 anime was very good and well animated, S2 felt a little bit lackluster in my opinion and S3 looks like it might follow S2.
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:37 am Reply with quote
JoshuaC wrote:
KarlFranz wrote:

How has it been going downhill? Yes it has slightly deviated but it is still very enjoyable. S1 anime was very good and well animated, S2 felt a little bit lackluster in my opinion and S3 looks like it might follow S2.

The next arc they gonna adapt probably be okay. But after that Merlin basically became their Dues Ex Machina to all of the problem plus some of the most anti-climatic fights ever. Like there no fight that even be equal, all fight became curb-storm battle.
Bioshocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:52 am Reply with quote
JoshuaC wrote:
KarlFranz wrote:

Despite the rushed schedule, S2 still had scenes by special animators on a regular basis and even an all star episode 19 which was amazing. I wouldn't even expect the former, unfortunately Deen doesn't have this kind of connections.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1