• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Shimbun Reports Discrepancy Between Police, KyoAni Victims' Families

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Also KyoAni has announced that all 35 victims will be named in the credits of the upcoming Violet Evergarden movie, which if I read this right is hitting theaters today?

https://japantoday.com/category/entertainment/kyoto-arson-attack-victims-to-be-honored-in-end-credits-of-new-film
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 pm Reply with quote
For what I know about the japanese police, yeah, the newspaper is right. I had an acquaitance get *arrested over breaking unexisting laws.

* he did not get arrested, the cop threatened him with arrest if he did not comply with a law that does not exist regarding public usage of a camera.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Also KyoAni has announced that all 35 victims will be named in the credits of the upcoming Violet Evergarden movie, which if I read this right is hitting theaters today?

https://japantoday.com/category/entertainment/kyoto-arson-attack-victims-to-be-honored-in-end-credits-of-new-film

Which makes this whole thing even more confusing. Because if they're gonna be credited, it would be pretty easy to tell who was a victim if they were NOT a major animator. And the major animator being "missing" would just be obvious after a few months anyway. Hiding the names seemed pointless to begin with.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I just cannot get over how ridiculously messy the handling of this has been. It's cast this unnecessary additional pall over what was already a horrible tragedy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1