• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World Trigger Manga Takes 1-Month Break

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that he finishes the manga at some point, be well author-san! We are finally getting to the good part of the story, which is kinda scary, since he could expand the world big time now, which would make the manga keep going for a While...
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Ashihara-san has so many health problems, it seems; I hope it doesn't get any worse.
IceLeaf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:15 am Reply with quote
R. Kasahara wrote:
Ashihara-san has so many health problems, it seems; I hope it doesn't get any worse.

Really hope that Ashihara's health does get better.

On the positive side (not really), but if his health problems continue or gets worse, the series might still continue as Jump SQ doesn't seem to mind relaxing release schedules as it still publishes D.Gray-Man once every 3 months due to the author's health. It would mean longer waits between chapters though.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:33 am Reply with quote
It makes me sad to hear every manga authors have a health problems due to overworking. Why can't Japan relaxing working laws with long hours? It it a problem. Childish Gambino would sings: "This is Japan".
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:39 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
It makes me sad to hear every manga authors have a health problems due to overworking. Why can't Japan relaxing working laws with long hours? It it a problem. Childish Gambino would sings: "This is Japan".

Labor laws don't apply to independent contractors like manga-ka. They're not employees of the publishing companies.
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:40 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

Wrong manga, sorry.

Also, mangakas are basically, freelancers, as they have told before.
Serinox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
IceLeaf wrote:
as Jump SQ doesn't seem to mind relaxing release schedules as it still publishes D.Gray-Man once every 3 months due to the author's health

That's not quite it.

D.Gray-Man is not in Jump SQ anymore, but in the Jump SQ.RISE magazine, which only releases once every 3 months (January, April, July, October). So, no, the schedule wasn't relaxed for D.Gray-Man, it was moved to a different magazine with a much wider release schedule to accommodate for Hoshino's health.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:37 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Wrong manga, sorry.

I didn't even know it and never thought that mangakas are freelancers. I'm sorry, but still, they should take care of their healths.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
kgw wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Wrong manga, sorry.

I didn't even know it and never thought that mangakas are freelancers. I'm sorry, but still, they should take care of their healths.

Mangaka's basically work under contract. They pretty much all work at their own home studios, and don't really go to the publisher's offices that often. Although, the publisher still has some responsiblity over the mangaka's health. The hours are bad, but these mangaka signed up for it, and know what they're getting themselves into (for the most part).

Overworking in general is definitely a problem in Japan, but it's been this way for a long time, so it's not something that can easily be fixed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1