• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Singer Shoko Nakagawa Participates as Key Animator on Final Pokémon Sun & Moon Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:21 pm Reply with quote
We saw her in the process of drawing them, among other cool things, during Pokenchi a few weeks back. That was when she announced the frames would appear in the final episode.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Nakagawa sure has a deep admiration about the love of Pokemon and is among the main reason why she contributes to the Pokemon franchise such as appearing in Pokemon movies as a guest and even hosting a large variety show of Pokemon by herself.

After all, Nakagawa is a huge #1 Pokemon fan, after all. I wonder what kind of project she'll also be working at Pokemon games (either core series or spin-off games)?
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
Nakagawa sure has a deep admiration about the love of Pokemon and is among the main reason why she contributes to the Pokemon franchise such as appearing in Pokemon movies as a guest and even hosting a large variety show of Pokemon by herself.

After all, Nakagawa is a huge #1 Pokemon fan, after all. I wonder what kind of project she'll also be working at Pokemon games (either core series or spin-off games)?

"by herself"? No, she's a host among a small group of other hosts. She's the only consistent host that sticks around each time the variety show switches brands (Sunday, Smash, GetTV, Pokenchi). Abareru-kun had been promoted from guest host to main host, though. No indication they're switching brands this season yet, though.

Also, she published a book about how Pokemon changed her life growing up. It's an easy read. She helped sing the new Mewtwo movie remake's theme alongside Kobayashi-san, and watching the music video for it, you can tell it's playing through Shoko-tan's eyes growing up because a lot of the things in the book were used in it (she also drew a mini-autobiographical comic that appears in the video, but more details are in the book). The person she's holding hands with at the end is her grandfather. One of her most precious memories growing up was going to see the first movie in theaters with him.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:02 am Reply with quote
@Juno016

Yes, the MVs on Shoko Nakagawa YT channel is indeed Shoko Nakagawa's POV. And here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDwO4_kMaTc

It shows all the details on how she was born and on how she became Pokemon fan. She has even admitted on how she grew up to admire Sachiko for the amazing song (Together with the Wind) she contributed for the 1st film, even the two sang each other in the remake for the film. I feel easily saddened when i saw her MVs, but it was still heartwarming on how nostalgia she had over the years of growing up to the Pokemon fandom and even becoming the regular contributor to the Pokemon franchise as an adult.

I hope the Pokemon Movie 23 ending theme could have Kenshi Yonezu contribute to the ending theme of the film, Yuki Hayashi and Shoko Nakagawa contributing to the song on their own. I feel like Sony Music Japan is trying to promote many singers who we're once Utaite and Vocaloid producers that are becoming professionals singers and musicians right now just because of that. The new series has an opening theme called 1, 2, 3 performed by After the Rain, a unit consists of soraru and Mafumafu, both are or we're Utaites.

For the XY anime, we had Tomohisa Sako, who was once an Utaite under the name of Shounen T, before he became a professional singer upon singing with Sony Music Japan. I am not sure about Taiiku Okazaki on what he used to be before singing with SMEJ too as well, but i ain't even seen him doing various cover songs at the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1