• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Visual Art's/Key's Jun Maeda Launches 1st New Game in 13 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:11 am Reply with quote
Maeda's musical work with Yanaginagi is always superb and emotional, which is already getting me pumped for this. So excited!
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
13 years?! So he didn't work on the latest Key titles?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:06 am Reply with quote
Maeda did a bit of music for Harmonia and Summer Pockets but no scenario writing, so I assume this means he's involved with the script this time.

Disappointed that this likely means he hasn't been working on 2nd Beat in that time.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:11 am Reply with quote
FrodoGate222 wrote:

He seems to have done some work on later Key titles, especially in composing music, and he was involved in the visual novel adaptation of Angel Beats, but he hasn't been the scenario writer (for an original game) since 2007's Little Busters
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:45 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
FrodoGate222 wrote:

He seems to have done some work on later Key titles, especially in composing music, and he was involved in the visual novel adaptation of Angel Beats, but he hasn't been the scenario writer (for an original game) since 2007's Little Busters

Interesting! But seriously what happened with the Angel Beats VN sequels? Did 1st Beat sell poorly?
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
FrodoGate222 wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
FrodoGate222 wrote:

Interesting! But seriously what happened with the Angel Beats VN sequels? Did 1st Beat sell poorly?

Nope it did well....they just ran out of material from the anime basically, and now they can't figure out what to do for the 4 or 6 other planned games......AKA DEVELOPMENT HELL!!!
Idgal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means he's well enough now to get back to work. He had some serious life threatening medical issues, so he was probably focus on living life besides working.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:32 am Reply with quote
One thing I think is interesting is that Visual Arts tweeted links to the Heaven Burns Red page in five languages: English, German, French, Korean, and Chinese.

Similar to last month's livestream from âge (Muv-Luv, Rumbling Hearts) that had a live English translator, I suspect the Japanese VN companies are trying to get their JP and international fan bases on the same page, suggesting a JP fan base alone is no longer enough to support these companies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1