• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Anime Season 3 Reveals Theme Songs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stryfermon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
Is it going to be 12 episodes or 2 cours? Is there enough material for more then one?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Stryfermon wrote:
Is it going to be 12 episodes or 2 cours? Is there enough material for more then one?

"The anime will premiere in spring 2020 and cover the story's ending"

In this case where they say that they'll be covering the ending, I don't think episode count should matter. That one line, if we're to take it at face value, pretty much confirms that the entirety of the story will be animated to the end, and I think that's what matters the most.
lucio542

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Stryfermon wrote:

Well the guy before already say the important part, but to clear your doubt, only 3 vol of the LN remain, so its certain 12~13 episodes.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quote
thanks I was going to reitarate that amount of coeurs matters because it's the difference between proper facing and rushed mess. thankfully,if only one volume remains, we are safe.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
thanks I was going to reitarate that amount of coeurs matters because it's the difference between proper facing and rushed mess. thankfully,if only one volume remains, we are safe.

That's only if we're talking within in the confines of keeping material within the predefined coeurs. I see where you're coming from where "we have 12-24 episodes to wrap it up, make it quick!" might be what they'd normally do, but there are series that have broken out of that textbook example, Mirai Nikki (yes, I know one's a LN and one's a manga) is one I can think of off the top of my head on what I was implying where they did the whole series and it didn't end in 24 episodes. With this being a big series, I was trying to imply, "If they need to go to 16 or 22 episodes, they'll be doing 16 or 22 episodes," kind of thing, but again, shouldn't matter since we're going to get to see this 'til the end.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:53 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:

Series 1 (13 eps + OVA) covered Volumes 1 to 6. Series 2 (13 eps + OVA) covered Volumes 7 to 11. We have volumes 12 to 14 to cover in the final season which will be fine in 13 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1