• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy VII Remake Producer Wants to Do FFV Next

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:51 pm Reply with quote
They could also not soil FFV and maybe make a new game that people like
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Considering a lot of people don't like FF5, I'm kind of surprised he would want to remake it. I mean, I personally liked it myself, and I wouldn't mind a full on remake, but one can dream.
SejinPK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:02 pm Reply with quote
REMAKE XENOGEARS YOU COWARDS.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn that screenshot was from FFVI.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:08 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Considering a lot of people don't like FF5, I'm kind of surprised he would want to remake it. I mean, I personally liked it myself, and I wouldn't mind a full on remake, but one can dream.

FF5 is actually quite popular in Japan. The dislike for the game is more of a western thing based on what I've seen.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:11 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

I know it doesn’t rank high, but I don’t think it’s actively DISLIKED, I always thought it was a fan favorite with its nice little following behind the bigger crowds of FFVII and other fans. I remember a V and/or VI remake seemed so obvious after the FFIV remakes but it just never happened. I mean that old PS1 cinematic looks AWFUL.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:

But plenty of people do want these remakes homes.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:22 pm Reply with quote
As long as it's not an action game and a proper turn based RPG, that would be great. Otherwise there's no way to do 5's job system justice with the FF7R combat system.
Qulex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:

This kind of comments are always interesting. Do some people really think these remakes prevent them from doing new games? I mean it's not a secret or anything, but Square is currently working on FF16 too.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:02 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Qulex"]
Gem-Bug wrote:

This kind of comments are always interesting. Do some people really think these remakes prevent them from doing new games? I mean it's not a secret or anything, but Square is currently working on FF16 too.[/quote

While I think it’s a bit unfair to say that FFV is unliked just because it’s not as popular as some of the other games, I can’t deny that Square has proven time and time again that they’re not the best at delegating resources. That’s why it took so long for Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV to be released.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:20 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Romuska"]
Qulex wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:

This kind of comments are always interesting. Do some people really think these remakes prevent them from doing new games? I mean it's not a secret or anything, but Square is currently working on FF16 too.[/quote

While I think it’s a bit unfair to say that FFV is unliked just because it’s not as popular as some of the other games, I can’t deny that Square has proven time and time again that they’re not the best at delegating resources. That’s why it took so long for Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV to be released.

Depending on who you ask, neither of those were really worth the wait (more so KH than FF15 but still)
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Exactly. Few, if any, games are worth that kind of wait.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Probably should focus on finishing the current remake,before you ever consider the next one.
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Probably should focus on finishing the current remake,before you ever consider the next one.
He was asked the following question "Let's say you have the money, the team, and even the resources you had with FF7R, and you have the chance to remake any other game. Which one would it be?". What do you think he should have answered?
Qulex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Romuska"]
Qulex wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:

Delegating resources wasn't the real issue with those games. If you remember KH3 had to drop the Luminous engine, after switching to UE4 things went more smoothly. FF15 aka FF Versus 13 was in development hell for various reasons for the longest, regardless of what anyone thinks of the final product if it wasn't for Tabata the game would either be still in development or cancelled.

Last edited by Qulex on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3