• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How Deeply Is COVID-19 Impacting Anime Production?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised some other movies haven't be delayed yet. Like KyoAni just released a new promo image for Violet Evergarden the Movie that reaffirmed their April release. I assume they really need this movie to succeed, but at the same time it seems like a really bad idea to not postpone it, for the sake of the public.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:46 pm Reply with quote
With Amazon limiting non-essential deliveries to their warehouses, I would recommend Rightstuf for most of all your anime and manga needs, with Sentai, Discotek and Funimation if you want to deal directly for anime or Barnes & Noble and the like for your manga. Personally, I look at Amazon for the occasional OOP item, (if it's reasonable).
shukujo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for this, it's the exact answer I was looking for. I kinda knew the big delay in Railgun T episodes must've been due to the virus, but it's good to know no one directly involved in the anime industry has caught or died from it so far. Is there an article about the American anime industry as well?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1