• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wixoss Franchise Gets New TV Anime in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am Reply with quote
I can't recognize any of these shadows, it seems like a brand new generation. Maybe the "WIXOSS School Wars" anime which was kind of announced without much information until now ?
SleepOverFunction

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:02 am Reply with quote
In Shigure Ui's twitter she shows the designs for three of the characters,

https://twitter.com/ui_shig/status/1243149515902685184

Looking at them they are holding mics and the other silhouettes all seem to be holding instruments, maybe a idol/band theme going on?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:07 am Reply with quote
More Wixoss? After last season's ending you'd think that'd be it for an animated series. But hey, as long as you expand on the game, change/add new rules, what better way to promote that then to make more anime? I feel like from a bushiness standpoint that's blowing money. Sure, you may look more generic than if you just plastered your promo on a billboard or posters, but y'all already had several seasons on the air, even a movie! I'm not complaining one bit tho, as long as you keep the bring on that despair flair, please keep 'em coming!
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what the plot will be about. Past "generations" talked about incest, problematic emotional dependence, accepting the death of loved ones, or even accepting one's own homosexuality. Honestly, this was one of the reasons why I liked this franchise, despite my skepticism about all-female moe.
Nate148

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:03 pm Reply with quote
looks like the tcg has been going in with vtuber's lately https://wixoss.fandom.com/wiki/Nijisanji_(TCG)
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for more Wixoss (I still have two posters from the movie framed and hanging on my walls). I just wish we'd get US home video releases of anything past the first two coeurs.
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:02 am Reply with quote
I want to watch more, but I can't get into it in Japanese for some reason. Maybe the show just peaked at season 1 or maybe I'm just weird. Either way, did Funimation give up on the franchise? They didn't dub past the first iteration (Infected and Spread).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1