• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams 'Digimon Adventure:' Reboot Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Glad they got this
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:18 pm Reply with quote
It will be cool if once they start dubbing the series if some of the original actors from the series like Joshua Seth, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Mona Marshall, and those from Tri Johnny Yong Bosch, Robbie Daymond and Tara Sands will come back.

But it would be interesting who would voice Matt Ishida due to the Vic Mignogna allegations last year.

Last edited by DisneyXAnimefan95 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:23 pm Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
It will be cool if once they start dubbing the series if the original actors from the series and like Joshua Seth, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Mona Marshall, etc. will come back.

But it would be interesting who would voice Matt Ishida due to the Vic Mignogna allegations last year.

I remember when the rumors of tri getting a dub were around the original voice actor for Matt said he would love to comeback if asked, he still works in the entertainment industry mostly as writer and producer.
RoninX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Dragon_Kaiser wrote:
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
It will be cool if once they start dubbing the series if the original actors from the series and like Joshua Seth, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Mona Marshall, etc. will come back.

I remember when the rumors of tri getting a dub were around the original voice actor for Matt said he would love to comeback if asked, he still works in the entertainment industry mostly as writer and producer.
Outside the whole politics of the Vic situation, that was the only shred of hope that I had in further pushing Michael Reis into reprising his role for all future projects, including Kizuna
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I was a little worried Netflix would get this but I'm glad Crunchyroll picked up the new Digimon reboot. I'm especially glad they got it so soon this time as opposed to the long wait we had for Appmon. Digimon is one of my favorite shows and I'm really excited to see where they take this reboot.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:35 pm Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:

Sadly, that will never be the case as the original actor for Joe has passed away.

And if 02 is ever rebooted, same for Armadillomon...
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
An English dub for the new Digimon is probably not going to happen anytime soon since Crunchyroll has put all their dubs on delay due to COVID-19.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Not shocked, Tri went to Crunchyroll as well as the last few series is viewable. It's also replacing Gegege No Kitaro in it's time slot.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:17 pm Reply with quote
On the subject of a possible dub, is it likely that Wendee Lee will return as ADR director and VA for TK?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:29 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
On the subject of a possible dub, is it likely that Wendee Lee will return as ADR director and VA for TK?
TK possibly but she hasn't been ADR director in Digimon since the original so I wouldn't count on that for her. But this is all assuming they don't just recast everyone since it's a reboot this time.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:42 pm Reply with quote
How nice of Funimation to leave something for Crunchyroll to stream. Half expected this, but nice to see we'll be getting it right away as opposed to the huge delay Appmon got. Hopefully people will actually watch this one, by the time Appmon was released here the ship had way sailed.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
How nice of Funimation to leave something for Crunchyroll to stream. Half expected this, but nice to see we'll be getting it right away as opposed to the huge delay Appmon got. Hopefully people will actually watch this one, by the time Appmon was released here the ship had way sailed.

Crunchy got plenty of stuff Funi didn't.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if Crunchyroll could dub this new series in different languages as well. A couple of years ago they started dubbing some shows like Konosuba and Re: Zero in Neutral Spanish and the dubbing studios did a good work with most of them.
Now, all the shows Crunchyroll has dubbed into Spanish were done in Mexico, which coincidentally is where all the Digimon series had been dubbed, so they could get the original voices back, although some changes will have to be made, since some of the Chosen Children and their partner Digimon (Tai, Matt, Agumon, Gomamon) were voiced by actual children, altohugh Tai's original voice actor manages to do a convincing young sounding voice (he is the current voice of Ash Ketchum).
It seems, at least to me, that Toei is actually trying to promote this new series internationally, like they did with the original 20 years ago.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
It would be nice if Crunchyroll could dub this new series in different languages as well. A couple of years ago they started dubbing some shows like Konosuba and Re: Zero in Neutral Spanish and the dubbing studios did a good work with most of them.
Now, all the shows Crunchyroll has dubbed into Spanish were done in Mexico, which coincidentally is where all the Digimon series had been dubbed, so they could get the original voices back, although some changes will have to be made, since some of the Chosen Children and their partner Digimon (Tai, Matt, Agumon, Gomamon) were voiced by actual children, altohugh Tai's original voice actor manages to do a convincing young sounding voice (he is the current voice of Ash Ketchum).
It seems, at least to me, that Toei is actually trying to promote this new series internationally, like they did with the original 20 years ago.

What? I thought Gerry Meza had retired from dubbing. Also, I dunno whether Uraz Huerta is still active. What I do know is that Mónica Estrada (Izzy's Mexican VA) retired a long time ago.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I was really hoping this would happen so I could add it to my watching list. Very Happy Hopefully it turns out good, though I'm still a little bit wary on rebooting it so quickly after us getting continuations at long last.

One question though - will this be available for free Crunchyroll users to view right away, or will it be doing the 'week behind' thing that some other series do?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3